• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with platform game

Yumpod

Smash Rookie
I seem to have a lacking platform game and I'm not sure what I should do on platforms other than attack an opponent who is on one. I'm told that sheik can platform camp effectively but I'm not sure how I would do that. when I'm on a platform, I either get hit by an aerial from below or sheild an aerial from below or the opponent wavelands on the platform and grabs (which I do too). any advice on how to play the platform game/camp the platforms? also some situations for platform camping and using platforms would be helpful too. Thanks!

Jackson

Smash Lord
It's pretty hard if your controller isn't good at it(like me), but learning shield dropping really helps against people attacking from under platforms such as Marth Utilting you while you're on the platform.

Vellani

Smash Rookie
Light shield on a platform against Marth, he can catch your shield drop with up tilt pretty consistently

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
You're supposed to use shield drop defensively after your shield gets attacked. There is no way Marth can catch your shield drop with Uptilt then.

Top Bottom