• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with landing

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
I'm having trouble landing with any character. More specifically when i am combo'd. I don't know how to get out of being juggled or get out of free fall without wasting a jump.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Who do you tend to play? Pit, I assume? Some characters can break out of being juggled a lot more reliably than others.

NintendoParty

Smash Cadet
Who do you tend to play? Pit, I assume? Some characters can break out of being juggled a lot more reliably than others.
Well, he says "with any character," so any general advice would be useful too. I feel the same way, but things I've learned recently: 1) you can fast fall after being hit instead of tumbling down, 2) if they're mid combo, you can hold down shield to do an air dodge at the first possible opportunity. If their combo is true, you won't be able to air dodge or avoid the combo, but if it's not true, the air dodge will break the combo. Also, and this is obvious, you have to DI (directional influence) in a smart way to avoid your opponent.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
Xelrog Xelrog I do play pit but anyone i seem to play as N NintendoParty said it happens. Thanks for the advice, i guess its more of get used to the fighters and the changes thing more then anything. Its hard to stop rolling and dodging when it used to be part of my strategy in the last game :(

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
My advice: You don't always have to land. It's perfectly fine (and often preferable) to break a combo by going for the ledge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom