• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with Falco

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
I seem to have some trouble with falco he seems to be able to camp me easily.
His lasers reach way to far so theres no escaping except by crawling but he just throws that reflector at me
He can keep my grenade away from him just by throwing the reflector
I cant get a tilt in cause he just uses the reflector again and yea i pretty much lose
Tips??
is falco one of snakes worst match ups?

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Check this thread out. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175515

We just updated it recently to help Snake players against Falco.

Helping you out specifically...

1. When you are crawling, just get ready to shield whenever you know the Falco will use the reflector. Get used to power shielding it. Its pretty easy to do against Falco's reflector. This will also give you some time to do whatever you want to him (Dash, grab, etc..)

2. Give an arc to your grenades. Don't throw them straight at him. You don't need to shield drop them if you are trying ti hit him with grenades from a far. What you can do is run at him with a grenade and jump into an airdodge. You can drop the grenade right on top of anyone by pressing Z. Or, you could just run at him with the grenade and shield. Falco has a lot of trouble getting away from the grenade when...
-His reflector can make the grenade explode. So, when you're close to him, shield.
-His grab usually makes the grenades explodes as he throws you.
-His attacks usually make the grenade explode unless its a bair or something. Most of his attacks hit in the center of Snake's body. Which is where the grenade is.

3. When approaching to do a tilt, do a jab and then side step dodge. Just to make sure he isn't going to hit you with the reflector. After you dodge it, you can get a tilt out easily because of the lag after using the reflector. The side step dodge also stops Falco from grabbing you. I suggest having a grenade out of he grabs you too often.

You can look at my YouTube video of me facing a Falco. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRayv0Hy7Oc )
This is a month and ten days old but, it could help you out.

Top Bottom