• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble w/ Kiling

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
By far my biggest issue since picking up Diddy, has been landing a kill. Fsmash+Dmash are usually what I go for at high percents, but with their small hitboxes I'm not usually able to land one before the opponent shields or clanks with my attack.
How do you set your opponents up for the KO? What moves do you find get the kill when you need it most?
:4diddy:

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Dthrow > Uair kills lightweights at 110-120% middleweights at 130-140% and heavies 140-150% wether they vector or not. Note those are just approximate kill percentages.

Fsmash kills earlier than it did in brawl but its still risky if thrown out it requires really great spacing unless you do a JCT Banana > Fsmash.

Fair would be the third best kill option as it is very easy and quite disjointed to edgeguard with.

Dsmash kills from the back part and it takes longer to kill with than in brawl.
Its not reliable but Usmash is also a great alternative for killing i usually attempt an usmash for an anti-air punish.

Hope this helps. Btw nice avi Logic is dope haven't heard his new album yet though.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
In general, whether you combo into it or not, getting the U-air might be his most consistent form of killing. Just dislodge the opponent from the ground and either bait an airdodge or catch them by surprise with a u-air. D-tilt is a perfect move for setting up kills by the way. Sometimes it combos into a u-air, f-air, or f-smash depending on how they DI. And when it doesn't combo, it puts them into a bad position.

Don't force the kill and if nothing else is working, put them offstage. Depending on the opponent's character, you can get a lot of easy offstage kills w/ B-air or F-air. Running off the stage and b-airing them into it for a stage spike can score an easy kill. And if nothing else, you can get a lot of kills just by reacting to what option they use to get up off the ledge w/ a smash attack or an f-air.

birdmanman

Smash Rookie
Edge guarding is usually my go-to for Diddy KO's. Guarding with Fair is reliable. Using a side-B to latch onto your opponent, then pressing up to jump off of their heads and project them downwards is always very rewarding (although a bit riskier).

Overmaster

Hibiki for Smash 4 DLC!
Uair is crazy strong. However, you won't get it for free of the d-tilt at lethal percents. A real shame.

It's still totally do-able though. Just bait that air dodge.

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
This is going to get a lot easier next Friday, I assure you. Spacing, banana tricks, easier pivots and smashes, more aerial options...Having a better controller helps immensely (I should know, I've got one of my 3DS's hooked up to a GCN controller!).

InBOUNDHD

Smash Cadet
I do find myself having trouble getting the stock when players are over 120% (or 140% depending on the size and weight of the caracter) since my down throw uair combo becomes unreliable.

Top Bottom