• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble installing PM on PAL Wii

golcarjack

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0130-2499-6727
I have managed to get all the necessary things (SD Formatter, ntsc brawl iso, usb,) I am using a 4GB SDHC card to try install homebrew on my wii. It is updated to 4.3, and I am having issues getting the message to show up from letterbomb. I correctly type in my MAC address, I have ticked the box for 4.3E I have managed to get the letterbomb zip file just fine, I format my SD card and then extract all the letterbomb files onto it. I put in my wii while it's turned off, I turn it on, the Wii can detect the SD card just fine, but I cannot find the letterbomb message for the life of me. My calendar is on the correct day/month/year and I have checked all days this month, and the same for next year, and the year before, but It simply does not show up anywhere.

golcarjack

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0130-2499-6727
When you format the SD card, are you unchecking "quick format", and formatting it as FAT?
Errrr, no I'll try now thanks. EDIT: Actually there is no option I can find for that, I am using SDformatter v4.0
I still can't seem to get the message to get homebrew, might try another SD, has anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Go to "Options", and set Format Type to "Full (Erase)". I believe SD Formatter automatically formats as FAT32.

If it still fails, then yes, try another SD card.

Top Bottom