• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble hitting g&w's meteor dair

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Anyone got tips for hitting game and watch's sweetspotted dair? no matter how much I try, I can't seem to get it...

High5

Smash Rookie
Anyone got tips for hitting game and watch's sweetspotted dair? no matter how much I try, I can't seem to get it...
The hitbox is at the handle of the key. most reliable way to hit it is to send the move out later so by the time the hitbox comes out your nuts are already in their face and it'll spike. If you send it out earlier then the tip of the key hitbox will hit them before the nuts hitbox does.

Last edited:

Gay Sasquatch

Smash Rookie
I believe it has to do with hitting them at the same time the key comes out. I practice this by doing dthrow or uthrow to dair on cpu-fox to get a feel for when to do it, which has helped me a lot.

Waldoring

Smash Cadet

On frame 1 of the attack, the top hitbox is a meteor. iirc it has higher priority than the lower hitbox; after the first frame, the top is the same as the bottom.

Top Bottom