• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble doing Alternating Throws

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
The easiest for me in the down throw and the f throw one, I can only do it 3 times without messing up.

Any tips? How to practice? In training mode, against what character should I try it on? What's the correct timing?

Snowman_assassin

Smash Rookie
Try on Jigglypuff, whom you can continue to throw longer than many other characters. Forward throwing is the easiest for me. Keep in mind that Nana's movement is delayed, so you'll have to press grab earlier for her than for Popo. Do this in training at 2/3 speed to learn, and you'll have to continue to practice. I'm no expert, but if you can get at least 5 consecutive throws almost every time, you're ready to use this in normal battles.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
Try on Jigglypuff, whom you can continue to throw longer than many other characters. Forward throwing is the easiest for me. Keep in mind that Nana's movement is delayed, so you'll have to press grab earlier for her than for Popo. Do this in training at 2/3 speed to learn, and you'll have to continue to practice. I'm no expert, but if you can get at least 5 consecutive throws almost every time, you're ready to use this in normal battles.
Jigglypuff is actually the hardest character to do CGs on. Try Marth.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Ive never done Fthrow on any1 more than 5 times. I can Infinite specific Chars with the Bthrow one, seems 2 b the eaisest 2 me.

I know a few tips wit the Bthrow specificly.

LightWeights
- 1st grab after the 1st bthrow should b sooner.
- The pivot grab should be sooner, meaning, dash less.

HeavyWeights
- 1st grab after 1st bthrow should b later. Heavyweights give characters a longer throw animations.
- Pivot grab should b later, meaning dash farther b4 doing the pivot grab.

Hopefully that makes sense. Soz, hard 2 explain sorta. Basicly, jus do the steps QUICKER on Lightweights, and SLOWER on Heavies. Fthrow seems eaisest on Heavies from my expirence. Im no good at Dthrow, so I dunno about that 1. Good Luck

Top Bottom