• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble Comboing, Advice?

cPalms

Smash Rookie
Hey, I just finished up my first PM tournament this weekend. I'm amateur at best, but I wanted to gauge my skill level with people who aren't my roommates. I got my butt kicked. Lost my first three matches and I was out.

I need work in a lot of my gameplay, but I think I'm having the most trouble with stringing together combos. I'm learning Marth/Falco right now, so if anyone has some good resources for those two or just some general gameplay advice, please let me know!

Sleepyhead

Smash Rookie
If you're having trouble comboing, you should explore your options and learn how to use your characters movesets to the fullest.
Something that helped me was practice in training mode to see where certain attacks launch people, explore your options, then applying them against real players to see how DI will affect the combos.
Also, L canceling will help a lot for keeping combos long and effective.

Last edited:

cPalms

Smash Rookie
I've got my L-Cancelling down pat, I guess I need to figure out where my attacks launch people. I have a hard time reading other players as well, so sometimes I can't even get my attacks off.

I play way too aggressively and need to work on my defensive game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom