• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Trophy Search: What trophies are there? (plus, crazy personal theory)

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
I should probably start by saying this isn't meant to be a thread listing all the trophies in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, though it very well turn into that. What this thread is is basically a look-out for certain characters and if they have trophies in the game. If you do spot a trophy of a character, it would be very greatly appreciated if you were to post a picture of them on this thread.

The main reason why I'm making this thread is because of a crazy theory I have. See, I'm thoroughly convinced that we haven't seen the entire roster yet, and I'm not saying this out of dissatisfaction. I feel that, with all the detail Masahiro Sakurai (and by extension his wife) put into menus and selection screens, just having all that empty space at the bottom of the character selection screen feels really suspicious... Like, there's clearly enough space for at least 4 more character slots, yet there's nothing there but gray nothingness. I refuse to believe this was an oversight (besides, there are about 51 characters in the game; 55 is a better final roster number).

Then I realized something as trophies of characters started popping up... What if certain characters didn't have trophies? See, unless there an Assist Trophy, or some kind of random character from a Nintendo (or Pac-Man, Mega Man, or Sonic the Hedgehog... or Rayman, apparently) game, playable character trophies are only unlocked by beating Classic Mode as that character. So I figured, if there isn't a trophy for a certain character... perhaps that's because they're going to be a playable character, and you need to unlock their trophy by beating Classic Mode as them!

This might not be the case, though, but even still, I'm sure tons of people suggested that characters can be added either through SpotPass (like Fire Emblem: Awakening, and it's additional chapters/maps and characters), DLC (the most comment suggestion, it worked again for Fire Emblem: Awakening and it seems to be working for Mario Kart 8), or by connecting/syncing the 3DS with the Wii U (it was a rumor suggested early on, and it would make a little bit of sense, like transferring/adding data from the Wii U to the 3DS, plus it would encourage people to buy the Wii U version... kind a rather dickish way, but still). I have to admit, though, my thoughts on this theory have dampened as time goes on, after seeing certain trophies slowly revealing themselves... Such as:

Wolf
Paper Mario (seen in the Wolf image)
Ice ClimbersSquirtle & Ivysaur (as seperate trophies... from what I've heard)
Lucas
Pichu (again, from what I've heard)
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Chorus Men/Choir Boys

Seeing some of these characters essentially "deconfirmed" as trophies makes me wonder if my theory is really correct at all, since I'm willing to bet a lot of people would want to see a few of these characters... But who knows...

In any case, here's what I want to do: I want people to be on high alert for seeing if certain characters are in the game as trophies. Speaking for myself, I'm still on the look-out for the following characters:

Roy (from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade)
Ridley (from Metroid, strange I haven't heard about him yet...)
Isaac (from Golden Sun, he isn't an Assist Trophy anymore, it seems...)
Bandanna Dee (from Kirby)
Marshal (from Rhythm Heaven Fever)
Impa (from The Legend of Zelda)
Mach Rider
N (from Pokémon Black & White)
Cranky Kong (from Donkey Kong)

As well as several other characters I'm just curious about... Just as a few examples:

Andy (from Advance Wars)
Anna (from Fire Emblem)
Sceptile (from Pokémon)Porky/Pokey Minch (from EarthBound/Mother)Captain Rainbow
Muddy (Mole Mania)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Mike Jones (from StarTropics)
Any character from Pro Wrestling
Most of these, I'm just curious about, just to see if they're represented or not, but if they're not included... Well, there might be a fair chance that they might be playable somewhere down the line...

...Of course, there's one guy who manages the Chibi-Robo for Super Smash Bros. 4 page has a crazy theory that characters that ARE confirmed as trophies have a better chance at being playable once the Wii U version comes out:

https://www.facebook.com/ChibiRoboForSuperSmashBros4/posts/551785004921656?notif_t=notify_me

But I don't really buy that... yet.

For now, I just want to focus on seeing if certain characters are trophies. This'll be much easier once the game is actually released in the United States, Europe, and Australia, and more people can get their hands on a copy of it, but until then, see if you can find any images of those trophies... or heck, if you have a Japanese version yourself, it would be helpful if you can tell us what you've found.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
I swear someone made a thread just like this already.

But whatever, the more the merrier. Maybe if we're lucky SSB4 obeys TES lore rules and if we all believe that Ridley's in he'll just pop into the roster.

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
I swear someone made a thread just like this already.

But whatever, the more the merrier. Maybe if we're lucky SSB4 obeys TES lore rules and if we all believe that Ridley's in he'll just pop into the roster.
What's "TES lord"? Also, I can't help but read this as sarcasm...

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
What really gets me is the fact that there's a Chorus Boys trophy at all. It's so insanely random that it's there for one of two reasons. Either they're there because of Chibi-Robo 4 Smash's theory, or they were put there as a joke from Sakurai about the Gematsu leak.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
To be honest, the trophies are only likely to matter for characters hypothetically unlocked by the Wii U version. DLC could go anyway, especially as time goes on.

If some characters are unlocked by the Wii U, then it's likely that some characters currently confirmed need the 3DS to unlock too, and they're likely starters, as they would likely want them to be transferred first time as an instant reward.

The most suspicious of all characters for such a hypothesis has to be Isaac at this point, removed as an assist trophy, no trophy in sight, and a quite highly requested new comer. Even the one who shall not be named would fit in that category, but better not open that can of worms.

If it is the case though, I'd think Shulk would be a 3DS unlock, and maybe Robin, Palutena and Greninja. I wouldn't think it's a veteran, but you never know.

Oh well, I guess now we wait to see what the full trophy list has. I think the big names to still look out for though are:

Isaac
Racie Petie partly hides
Impa
Sceptile
The one true Roy
Bandana Dee
Snake

This theory by the way has a lot of issues:

What this means is that the developers already have 3D models of these characters that are compatible with Smash 3DS's system. Now, that wouldn't mean much, except that when you've already got the model done and rendered into the game, making Wii U Transferable characters would be a snap.
This is the big one, and categorically untrue, creating a still model and creating a fully playable character model, with animations, hit boxes, physics, etc. is an entirely different beast. Anyhow who saw the shear number of trophies in the last games would realise that trophies are an entirely different beast to characters.

Last edited:

RunningTiger

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chase64Cubed
There are def over 600 trophies in this version alone. There is a challenge for getting over 600.

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
What really gets me is the fact that there's a Chorus Boys trophy at all. It's so insanely random that it's there for one of two reasons. Either they're there because of Chibi-Robo 4 Smash's theory, or they were put there as a joke from Sakurai about the Gematsu leak.
Maybe the Chorus Men are there because that "Glee Club" mini-game from the Rhythm Heaven series is just a very popular game. Karate Joe is also a trophy, and his game's also pretty popular.

There are def over 600 trophies in this version alone. There is a challenge for getting over 600.
Makes me anxious about collecting them all when I finally get the game!

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
message me if you want a list of all the character trophies whose names I know

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I'm glad that the support for Bandana Dee is more than vocal as the. OP and link that the OP provided are looking out for the Dee.

I may be going off topic here, but Bandana Dee being nowhere in the game is just absurd. Sakurai himself acknowledged him as the fourth Kirby character in a tweet with Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, and BDee. So where is he?

Top Bottom