• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trolling?

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
Do you troll? and i f you do how so?

If not, how do you deal with people who troll?

What kind of trolling have you run into?

I've only ever trolled once with Ike. Like, I never ran the entire match i just did Ike's slow but menacing walk towards my opponent. My opponents are usually so confused i could get some wins out of them before they catch on and i have to play seriously lol.

I deal with trolls by playing a more trolly character and camping or i go C. Falcon cause of reasons.

I usually run into trolls who only run away from you with the most absurd characters. I main Donkey Kong so this is kind of annoying sometimes lol.

anywho, i'm curious to some answers here. Let's try to keep it friendly this is my first thread lol

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
One match I just spot dodged and rolled whenever my opponent got close. No attacking, no grabs, no offensive moves of any nature. He started doing the same. Long match.

Aside from that I don't really troll, but I really like that slow walk idea. Hope Mewtwo has one, that'd be fun.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If someone is rolling a lot and I take a stock off of them, I like to give them a taste of their own medicine and just keep rolling around the stage for like 30 seconds or more. No attacks, no jumps, just rolls. Funny thing is that it rarely gets punished. :p

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I got into a for fun room once. I only spamed "Backslash!"the entire match. I some how got 2nd place? I also did it on for glory once.:troll: I hope their ears didn't die afterwards.
If someone is rolling a lot and I take a stock off of them, I like to give them a taste of their own medicine and just keep rolling around the stage for like 30 seconds or more. No attacks, no jumps, just rolls. Funny thing is that it rarely gets punished. :p
If you don't mind I'm going to do that when ever I see barrel rollers now.

Last edited:

AreJay25

I got into a for fun room once. I only spamed "Backslash!"the entire match. I some how got 2nd place? I also didn't on for glory once.:troll: I hope their ears didn't die afterwards.

If you don't mind I'm going to do that when ever I see barrel rollers now.
I certainly don't mind at all. Make 'em suffer. :chuckle:

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
If my opponent is playing super campy and it's a stage that you can go under, I'll probably use :4villager::4rob::4jigglypuff:and stall out the entire match under the stage until sudden death, in which case I do the same thing and they get hit by the bombs first

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
One match I just spot dodged and rolled whenever my opponent got close. No attacking, no grabs, no offensive moves of any nature. He started doing the same. Long match.

Aside from that I don't really troll, but I really like that slow walk idea. Hope Mewtwo has one, that'd be fun.
yes slow walk is a great little tool to mess with people lol. i don't do it often just when i feel like having a little bit a of fun. I still lose sometimes but it's funny to see opponents reactions XD

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
I play mostly For Glory but I never troll there, most of the time I'll be matched up with those occasional trollers and you can count on me on doing the same thing with them. I mean if they're not playing seriously it gives me the option to not play seriously either x)

I don't know if you would mention these guys as trolls but the ones I encounter are the ones who spam pressing down on the control stick all day. Heck they'll even SD or walk very slowly. Those are the people I encounter sometimes online and it's fun playing around with them (it reminds me of the late SSBB online days where everyone would just do random stuff without fighting.)

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I play mostly For Glory but I never troll there, most of the time I'll be matched up with those occasional trollers and you can count on me on doing the same thing with them. I mean if they're not playing seriously it gives me the option to not play seriously either x)

I don't know if you would mention these guys as trolls but the ones I encounter are the ones who spam pressing down on the control stick all day. Heck they'll even SD or walk very slowly. Those are the people I encounter sometimes online and it's fun playing around with them (it reminds me of the late SSBB online days where everyone would just do random stuff without fighting.)
Oh taunt party's still exist on for fun mode. Not surprised since they are pretty boring on for glory. But I found one in a teams for glory match once.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well first of all, I don't do any of that **** at all. If my opponent does that to me, I can just exploit their weakness and go for the grand slam. And second of all, "troll" is such a weak ass word.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
My attempts at "trolling," per se, have also been ways for me to personally challenge myself in FG FFA and my teammates as well in FG Teams. How so? I have willingly & deliberately entered bad MUs (:4olimar: VS :4zelda: as :4alph:, :4duckhunt: VS :4sonic: as :4duckhunt:, :4bowserjr: VS :4yoshi: as :4ludwig:/:4iggy:, etc.), hoping to "get away with it," "defy the odds," and find tech that can "tip the scales." Sometimes it miraculously works, and other times I straight up get 2+-stocked for it in 2 minutes.

I have also "trolled" :4kirby: players by deliberately picking characters that can give him awesome Copy Abilities (ex. :4alph:, :4duckhunt:, :4shulk:, :4robinf:, :4pacman:, etc.), with the daring expectation that I and my partner can still win, even if he gets my ability and knows how to use it. Some of them go the entire match without ever trying to take my abilities (and often lose by squandering openings for taking it), while others have gone as far as hounding me until they get it (which makes for a thrilling high-stakes chase that could very well determine the outcome of the match, considering how severe the tide can turn in :4kirby:'s favor if he DOES catch me), and then either win by properly using said abilities, or lose by relying on it too much. Actually winning against the proper ability users is thrillingly impressive to me.

I also now use a fun(ny) name for whenever I play as :4duckhunt: (and possibly other canines), which is "CostcoDawg", because I ran into someone during FG Teams with my bro who, after the 1st For Conquest match, switched his name to "CostcoDog". I was locked into playing as :4ganondorf: while my bro was locked into playing as :4link: when that name switch happened, and I expressed concern that if CostcoDog = :4duckhunt:, then I would need his help getting in on him, since :4link:'s Hylian Shield can actually ward off non-shot-up Clays, Gunmens' shots, and improperly bounced Cans, even while walking. In a surprisingly disappointing anticlimactic twist, CostcoDog turned out to be a :4kirby: player, and his partner was... forgot who, but it definitely was not :4duckhunt:, :4lucario:, or :4fox:. Said :4kirby: player was rather predictable, going for way too many Stones, leaving himself open for big punishes, even during Sudden Death, when both me & my bro read his Stone attempt and double teamed him after KO-ing his partner. Next match, I went :4duckhunt: and proceeded to make him wish he picked a canine when he brought out the CostcoDog tag. Since then, the very name CostcoDawg was crafted, and it's hilariously awesome to say it out loud. >XD It reminds me of that "Check out my Dormammu, dawg!" meme... X3

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I tend to sandbag during my first stock against players who aren't skilled. Then I'd sweep the game on the second stock. Other times I would just use one quick move over and over (ZSS Ftilt, Marth's Ftilt, Falco's Ftilt) for the entire match.

AreJay25

Another thing I've found myself doing recently is just spamming Falcon's gentleman. It's hilarious.

blue_flavored

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blueflavored
If I run into someone that's being predictable and he's already on his last stock, sometimes while using a fast character like :4fox:, :4pikachu:, or :4falcon: I'll just do some movie stuff and dodge and jump out of way for like 20 seconds and then go in for the one hit kill (at high percents). Other times I'll stop playing serious and try to get the dumbest combos off. And if I'm using Falcon, well....the only way to end the match is with a hard read Falcon Punch.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Only once, but it was glorious. It was against a japanese Villager called Phantom...., which was using Balloon Trip to evade from me, and when I get close, kill me with the Bowling Ball (it kills quite early in the air). While he was there, I've said "Hi!" and was going to kill myself, with the Slow Walk, pretty close to the ledge. But I wasn't. He fell to it like a Bowling Ball! And I've killed him twice doing this! I felt so glorious!

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Oh taunt party's still exist on for fun mode. Not surprised since they are pretty boring on for glory. But I found one in a teams for glory match once.
Last time I did this in FG I got disconnected due to be idle lol! It's not as if I wasn't moving. I just wasn't attacking anyone.

Drogmyre

Smash Rookie
Won several matches on For Glory off of Flare Blitz.

Proceeded to be called a spammer.

Intentionally won the next game with flare blitz.

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
When I find a spammer, I usually pick fox and only shoot lazers all the game, and roll around the stage when they try to come closer, of course.

I also met once a jigglypuff who SDed using his shield break at the start of the game. I guess he was trying to do something like "hey look, I can beat everyone with one stock", probably with friends watching him or streaming. So I went sandbox mode on my first stock to let him hope, and then tried hard on my second stock and eventually won. He left after the game, I bet he was salty.

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
I use Pac-Man and walk everywhere, no shielding. No running. Fire Hydrant spam.

It's not an extreme case of trolling, but I do have a ton of fun with Pac-Man for this reason. It's a nice change of pace.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
The greatest trolling of all is winning.

Also Game and Watching and since I play Puke and Watch constantly, yes.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I like to taunt after I kill myself stupidly. I guess that's trolling?

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
If by trolling, you mean stand on the edge as Game and Watch and edgeguard with bacon, Spamming Wario's bike, and doing nothing but rolling the entire match, then yes.

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
Intentionally play around and let them take your first stock, taunt, then powershield and/or punish everything with quick weak moves their first stock. The second stock take them out as fast as you can and taunt again. :seuss:

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Nope. Never intentionally. I don't see the point. Stupid cliche "Trolling" stuff is for people who can't get creative with ways to annoy people. I taunt after most kills by default, so I suppose that's kinda the worst I do. Otherwise, I just do the bare minimum to win. *shrug*

If the opponent is really that bad, just go for overkill or limit yourself a little. Jump way offstage for kills as Ganondorf and Doc Mario, play Robin with swords only (That means no Elwind! :V), etc. This way, you're still learning and you're likely annoying them!

Top Bottom