• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triple ledge-hopped Laser

Jace08

Smash Lord
New technique! I call it the Jacelaz-

Kidding lol.

I was wondering if Falco could do this in Brawl, and after playing around with him it turns out you can. Not sure if he could do this in Melee or not, but I doubt it.

While harder to perform, three lasers IS better than two, so it wouldn't be a bad idea for you all to learn how to do this if you haven't already. Just hit B three times as early as you can during your ledge hop, and the third laser should come out ground-level with no lag (similar to his second laser when just short-hopping off the ground). It might take some practice.

Didn't see this anywhere else on the boards, but sorry if someone has already addressed this.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Well, it's only possible if you start to fire while you're just starting your ledge hop. So picture with me about three elevation levels. The first laser is in the middle, about the equivalent of the peak of Falco's short-hop. The second laser comes out at the peak of Falco's ledge hop, a little bit higher than your previous shot. And the last laser, of course, comes out at the lowest elevation at ground level.

Did that help?

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
if you do 3 shots,2 will miss 1 hit, do like i say on my video, just 2, 2 lasers are shot, 2 lasers hit. 3 laser is not really needed.

Ceruvik

Smash Cadet
Yea 3>2, but I would only fire 3 to adapt to a situation where the enemy is in midair. I would also change it to 1 on the way up and 2 on the way down.

mrbr0wn1e

Smash Cadet
****, Falco's keeps getting stronger and stronger, but taking to account what Drakuaza said, it's better to just do 2, unless the enemy is on midair as Ceruvik said, or it's Snake, charging the mortar.

Ceruvik

Smash Cadet
****, Falco's keeps getting stronger and stronger, but taking to account what Drakuaza said, it's better to just do 2, unless the enemy is on midair as Ceruvik said, or it's Snake, charging the mortar.
Good thing for us, right? rofl at this sorry zelda master timmy, but it's too funny. Trouble against Falcos Let's hope we discover some more techs. ;D

mrbr0wn1e

Smash Cadet
Good thing for us, right? rofl at this sorry zelda master timmy, but it's too funny. Trouble against Falcos Let's hope we discover some more techs. ;D
Awesome for us, the censored word was "D-A-M-N" in a "Daayuum that's really neat!" kind of way. Falco's my main man, and I'm happy to see that his moves are so versatile. I think Snake unknowingly described Falco's design perfectly in Falco's Codec Conversation:

"No reason a weapon can't have more than
one use. In fact, I'd say its versatility shows how
well you designed it."

Jace08

Smash Lord
To clarify, it's one laser coming up, one at the peak of your ledge hop, and one when you're coming down. Technically, I guess it is two coming up, and one coming down.

But you guys are right, the triple laser is situational. Sometimes the double laser will be better, and sometimes the triple will be. It's up to the player to decide when to use which. Since the triple is harder to perform, most people will probably just go with the double laser most of the time, which is fine.

Top Bottom