• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triple jump?

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys not have a Q&A thread? .-.

I was playing a CPU Snake and he used his Up B and I Down B'd through him as ZSS. He dropped out of his Cypher, jumped, jumped again, then I tethered the ledge and he jumped a third time.

How can this be possible? He didn't grab the ledge at any point. All of the jumps were in mid air AFTER the Cypher was used too. Also, all three jumps were the same, and I don't think he feather stooled me three times.

I can upload a video of it if nobody knows how it could've happened.

napZzz

Smash Hero
You'll probably get flamed, this has been brought up before I think. I cant remember why it happens, there was one situation where the cypher hits someone and gives him another jump or something...just upload the vid anyways cuz i'm curious at least

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
this exact same thing happened to me about 3 months ago.

I was ROB, it's just a feather stool, only CPU Snakes can perform it.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't on the edge, my whip was just attached. I was about a body length below. I'll upload it as soon as I can, and sorry for making a thread but I couldn't find a Q&A and I didn't really want to go searching through 3 pages of threads. I thought it might be something new or useful. :3

lucadog

Smash Rookie
My guess is that he "footstooled" you. If you footstool someone with certain timing (i'm pretty sure its while they are in an attack animation" you will get the same boost. Its probably what he did.

An example would be at 13:15 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqpjugae1Rs

Notice that DANL jumps off of War without causing War to plummet from being "footstooled"

Top Bottom