• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TRIP. - My Pokemon Trainer Video Thread 5 NEW VIDS!!(Updated 08/14/08)

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
Thanks.

Only thing I disagree with is D-Tilt. I honestly think I could never use that move again and be fine. It doesnt really set anything up.

And man o man me and and Eternal Striker had a rematch today, or rather about 50 and I cant wait to upload the vids.
Do you only use Poketrainer? And did you manage to beat his Marth?

Toby.

Smash Master
Ivy's dtilt is actually quite useful. It doesn't set anything up and only does 7% damage (at best), but it's speed and range make its pretty nifty. It's useful in situations where you need to get the opponent off for a moment, and actually has enough knockback to reset the situation pretty nicely.

Basically, its not a combo move. You just do it to get them off you in a quick and efficient manner.

EDIT: And I've forgotten what I was going to say about your actual play. Oh well. I'll watch the videos again and try to remember.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
D tilt is just needed for Spacing, if you feel fine with them all up in ur grill that's good for you

Trip.

Smash Apprentice
Do you only use Poketrainer? And did you manage to beat his Marth?
Only PT and won quite a bit. I really got a feel for the match up. Also I started with Squirt just about every match. I am really exctied to show how much I have improved. Lots of really cool footage, I will probably make a highlight vid once I get my new equipment. I am really getting into makeing vids. But as soon as I can Ill post just match vids.

Something surprisingly useful versus Marth is a grounded Vind Whip. GTFO the air Marth. And before anyone argues just wait for the vids. Eternal Striker aint to slouch.

D tilt is just needed for Spacing, if you feel fine with them all up in ur grill that's good for you
I prefer Jabs, Bulletseed or Ftilt.

Toby.

Smash Master
I prefer Jabs, Bulletseed or Ftilt.
The range at which I use it is generally greater than bullet seed. It has more knockback than ftilt and jabs. It also has less ending lag than both bullet seed and ftilt. It's nothing amazing, but it definitely has properties which the other three lack. Therefore, there are situations where I feel it is best suited for use.

That having been said, its by no means mandatory. It's not such a pivotal move that not using it will cripple your game :laugh:

Trip.

Smash Apprentice
I was replying to Fearmy says that if I didnt use it people would be all up in my grill.

I was saying that I prefered the options I listed (jabs, f-tilts, and bulletseed) to get myself some breathing room. i could have gone into more depth and said shield grab and bair and nair but this is a pretty casual thread so dont read into it to much.

Toby.

Smash Master
Yeah I know.

Just thought i'd chuck in my two cents on the move. I never meant for it to be a challenge or anything close to that. I'm way too tired for actual debate :laugh:

Oh and I'm looking forward to these marth videos. They sound really promising.

Trip.

Smash Apprentice
I am proud.

I havent actually watched the replays that I was able to save. ( I am still stuck with just the ones that make it under 3 minutes for now, I have my new recording stuff on its way)

But let me say this, i had so much fun playing. Epic (formerly Eternal Striker) was getting really annoyed with squirtle and ivy. He and I both had so much fun we played like 2 hours longer than we antisipated.

Some very very epic matchs indeed. I hope that the replays show it. Tomorrow I am off so expect to see some new stuff.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Ur bad.

K Bai nub.

/wrist pl0x!

Just wanted to let everyone know that this is Trip. I switched account names. never really got to attched to the name trip. plus i shared Trip on smashboards with a friend so time for me to get my own user name. this is my old gamer tag and i dgaf that it doesnt fit when i play brawl, owell it used to bug me. anyway it fits pretty nicely since there are more pokemon and a poekmontrainer in the game now.

anyways all my future post will be under this name.

PokemonMasterIRL and in match i think I iwll start tagging ?? or IRL i dont know yet.

Toby.

Smash Master
I saw your new account in another thread before reading this one; I was pretty confused for a while. On another note, I've seen your avatar somewhere before. Was it Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? That was a really good movie.

Anyway. I took another look at your videos. Good matches. I'd tone down on dthrow to vinewhip a little - its easily avoided through DI or an airdodge, and it made your grab game predictable at times. Plus you left yourself open a fair bit whilst trying to land multiple grabs. I also agree with Retro on the use of nair. Tone it down and throw in a few more lag-cancelled fairs. Bair walls are fun as well.

Oh and when you edgehog, try hugging or speed hugging rather than jumping onto the edge. It's just faster, and cuts out the chance of their recovery hitting you.

Good stuff though. Very nice.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I saw your new account in another thread before reading this one; I was pretty confused for a while. On another note, I've seen your avatar somewhere before. Was it Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? That was a really good movie.

Anyway. I took another look at your videos. Good matches. I'd tone down on dthrow to vinewhip a little - its easily avoided through DI or an airdodge, and it made your grab game predictable at times. Plus you left yourself open a fair bit whilst trying to land multiple grabs. I also agree with Retro on the use of nair. Tone it down and throw in a few more lag-cancelled fairs. Bair walls are fun as well.

Oh and when you edgehog, try hugging or speed hugging rather than jumping onto the edge. It's just faster, and cuts out the chance of their recovery hitting you.

Good stuff though. Very nice.
Why thank you.

And yeah I have shifted to WoP Bairs.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MmjAM8lM8g

I saw his vid. While i liked very much ur use of nair and bair with ivy, i really think that that sheik lacked and was WAY too aggressive against ivysaur. I would like to see you fighting against a friend of mine who plays very very defensive/campy against my ivy with sheik...needle storming here and there and running like a sissy. That way, ivysaur has A LOT more troubles against sheik because of her agility.

Good match overall tho, but i would like to see you how you would deal withthe sceneario i mentioned before.

Miles.

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MmjAM8lM8g

I saw his vid. While i liked very much ur use of nair and bair with ivy, i really think that that sheik lacked and was WAY too aggressive against ivysaur. I would like to see you fighting against a friend of mine who plays very very defensive/campy against my ivy with sheik...needle storming here and there and running like a sissy. That way, ivysaur has A LOT more troubles against sheik because of her agility.

Good match overall tho, but i would like to see you how you would deal withthe sceneario i mentioned before.
Spammy sissy characters do give Ivy trouble, my friend plays the most beastly Toon Link ever. He with have like 2 bombs a boomerrang and 2 arrows coming at you. I have a really hard time with him.

Miles.

Smash Champion
yehthats the other camper, together with wolf..that puts me in the same position...and yeah falco :p
I do not fear Wolf or Falco with PT, we can gimp them with ease.

Its that **** ****** Toon Link. I hate him. He can always cover his *** with a bomb or a boomerang.

Miles.

Smash Champion
and this one is seriously probably the best. no joke. we are planning to going to a tourney soon. he literally has the most rediculous bomb traps and boomerang set ups. hopefully this weekend we will hit this rouney and then get some vids up.

and i have a gamebrigde in the mail so once that gets here expect to see me pumping out the vids.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
Spammy sissy characters do give Ivy trouble, my friend plays the most beastly Toon Link ever. He with have like 2 bombs a boomerrang and 2 arrows coming at you. I have a really hard time with him.
I do not fear Wolf or Falco with PT, we can gimp them with ease.

Its that **** ****** Toon Link. I hate him. He can always cover his *** with a bomb or a boomerang.
I know the feeling about Toon Link. He's my number 2 (out of 3) most hated Brawl character. The number 1 spot goes to Zelda with number 3 being Peach. This was when I mained Pikachu (which I still play as Pika).

Miles.

Smash Champion
See the thing about Toon Link is that he throws his boomerang past you throws a bomb in the air pulls out a bomb jumps shoots a arrow lands shoots another arrow and then throws his bomb. His bppmerang his on its way back and then he has a bomb in hand or in air to cover his self.

Its the fact that he can control space so well.

Zeldas projectile is a beast but is easily air dodged. Play against her more and you will see what I mean. And with Peach her projectiles arent that nasty at all its just the fact that she has a really nice glide toss.

Try it tho, air dodging Din's Fire isnt that hard.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
See the thing about Toon Link is that he throws his boomerang past you throws a bomb in the air pulls out a bomb jumps shoots a arrow lands shoots another arrow and then throws his bomb. His bppmerang his on its way back and then he has a bomb in hand or in air to cover his self.

Its the fact that he can control space so well.

Zeldas projectile is a beast but is easily air dodged. Play against her more and you will see what I mean. And with Peach her projectiles arent that nasty at all its just the fact that she has a really nice glide toss.

Try it tho, air dodging Din's Fire isnt that hard.
yeah Din's fire isn't sooo bad, but its those up smashes that catch you, plus the aerial game for Zelda is pretty nice if its a good player.

A certain Toon Linker I know uses so many projectiles its not funny. If I try to get close, he loves to smash. He's really top notch. It's devastating to fight his Zelda and TL. If you ever see someone with the screen name "Hec", that would be him. Peach was harder for my Pikachu, but PT seems to have an edge there.

Miles.

Smash Champion
yeah Din's fire isn't sooo bad, but its those up smashes that catch you, plus the aerial game for Zelda is pretty nice if its a good player.

A certain Toon Linker I know uses so many projectiles its not funny. If I try to get close, he loves to smash. He's really top notch. It's devastating to fight his Zelda and TL. If you ever see someone with the screen name "Hec", that would be him. Peach was harder for my Pikachu, but PT seems to have an edge there.
I prefer Charizard in this match up since Peach really lacks any serious KO power.

Top Bottom