• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Traveling Through Milky Way Wishes: Kirby Stage Tactics and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Traveling Through Milky Way Wishes: Kirby Stage Tactics and Discussion

Hi! This is Kirby's stage tactic discussion. We'll go stage by stage, we'll talk about special techniques and tactics on that stage. We'll also talk about types of characters that Kirby should and shouldn't take their.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Stages
Final Destination

Battlefield

Smashville

Town & City

Lylat Cruise

Duck Hunt

Wuhu Island

Skyloft

Halberd

Kongo Jungle

Delfino Plaza

Castle Siege

Pokemon Stadium 2

Last edited:

EMPEROR Eevee

Smash Cadet
Eh, I have never really liked stages with stationary platforms. Battlefield is one of them. I don't think it's a bad stage for Kirby, except when playing against Marth/Lucina.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hey I don't really see a need to discuss one specific stage at a time, we should just talk about all of them at once and throw ideas around at the same time.

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Town & City
Lylat Cruise
Duck Hunt
Wuhu Island
Skyloft (Kinda hope not)
Halberd (Kinda hope not, ceilings being so low give some characters insane advantages)
Kongo Jungle
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium 2 (I hope not)

These are the most of the likely contenders for legal stages, with some being more likely than others. There are a few other stages that are possible if the TOs are super liberal and willing to do crazy stages (Mario Circuit, Pilotwings, Woolly World, walkoff stages) but those are some of the likeliest.

As far as Battlefield goes, I feel like it's good against some characters, and very bad against others. I'm not sure how to describe the character archetype that makes Kirby miserable on this stage, maybe someone can help me out. Basically I think that if they have a good projectile or something and FORCE Kirby to approach, he will hate his life trying to approach them if they decide to camp under a platform. I can talk about more tomorrow maybe!

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
He can drop through the platform and stone which can be a surprise kill. They also help extend his Uair combos.

@ Asdioh Asdioh Ok we'll just throw them all together.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I think Lylat is an interesting stage of kirby since the angles on the platforms & stage make final cutter's projectile useful.

Smashville baselike stages can really help kirby since Kirby can inhale them and spit them out under the stage and recover.

As far as Battlefield goes, I feel like it's good against some characters, and very bad against others. I'm not sure how to describe the character archetype that makes Kirby miserable on this stage, maybe someone can help me out. Basically I think that if they have a good projectile or something and FORCE Kirby to approach, he will hate his life trying to approach them if they decide to camp under a platform. I can talk about more tomorrow maybe!
Ok we'll do all the stages at once.
On battlefield, I pick it against characters with worse air games like Little Mac, Zelda, and Ganon. They get easily juggled which is also good

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
With the permission of Macchiato, stage discussion has been combined with the MU thread, which can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom