• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Transitioning PM Ganon to Melee

Brozinski

Smash Rookie
I love Melee. It's my favorite over PM, but I don't have anyone to play Melee with most of the time, and I end up spending a large amount of time playing PM Ganondorf. I don't want my Ganondorf play in Melee to decay, and I was wondering how well PM Ganon skill/techs/etc transition to Melee. Has anyone had experience with this?

DeathMetalGimli

Smash Rookie
I've been transitioning from PM Ganon to Melee Ganon and I will say it's been a lot harder than I thought. I'll say straight up that I'm not very good, but melee Ganon requires a lot more technical skill than PM because you can't just command grab everything. That and not being able to grab the ledge with Gerudo Dragon messed me up hard. But ya, otherwise his gameplay is still fairly similar, use a lot of aerials and tilts, waveland perfectly always and never miss an L-cancel lol.

Like I said I'm not the greatest but that is what I found. The L-cancel timing is also different so that may take some time to get used to

Top Bottom