• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Transitioning from online to offline (and nerves)

HotelDrink

Smash Rookie
A lot of my practice time comes in the form of playing online. No one that lives close to me plays Smash so I have to travel one hour or more for tournaments. Traveling is costly which makes it feel it even worse when you do terrible in bracket. I'm finding that I have a hard time getting used to movement in the game offline after going periods (like a week) of not playing in a while. I also deal with nerves which I think hinders me a lot. I would simply just play offline more if it was possible but like I said I have to travel in order to do so.

Smash's online being so bad is really disappointing. I have the delay mod too and it doesn't seem to be helping much. It's getting to point that I feel like I'm at a disadvantage because of where I live and I'm wondering if it's even worth it to try and compete anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom