• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

transition to online

Feorri

Smash Rookie
I thought i was pretty good at the game. I good double stock or even triple stock level 9's all day. Found some people online via SWF and gamefaqs and wow i got owned 0 for like 12. :( But it just leaves me more determines i guess.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Practicing against computers is one of the worst ways to get better at this game. Only practice against human opponents.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
yeah AI practice cannot help you at all. since all of them follow a set pattern which is easy to learn and predict and beat them especially in 1-on-1 (ex: AI pika will use thunder to edge guard and whenever your really high above him all the time)

FredTHAreD

Smash Cadet
yeah AI practice cannot help you at all. since all of them follow a set pattern which is easy to learn and predict and beat them especially in 1-on-1 (ex: AI pika will use thunder to edge guard and whenever your really high above him all the time)
I kind of disagree. Sure, some characters are easy to predict, but after watching numerous fight against just computer players, I found Luigi in particular is a vicious opponent. Sure, he tends to follow some kind of pattern, but he's one of the toughest AI's in the game that I've found. Practice against him, and then later, two level nines. If you can beat two lvl 9 computers consistently, then theres no way you've gotten bad training. Using this method I manage to hold my own against any opponent I've faced.

Top Bottom