• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Transformation Technique.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hey everyone. I just want to say that this is not intended to be spam or anything. I made a post in the Zelda forum about a new transformation technique that I thought you guys may want to know.

--------------------------------------

Turns out the Love Jump technique can be used for the Transformation move too. It's not as effective as the love jump, but it is much more effective than the Wind Jump. Plus, it dramatically decreases the likeliness of you getting hit, compared to just jumping in the air and transforming.

Even better, you can use your momentum to move diagonally and escape any incoming attacks.

So, without further ado, here's a short clip. My sincere aplogies for ****ty quality - the projector bulb broke, so I'm using the old (OLLDDD) tv until it's fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzg0rMc7Z6k

-------------------------------------

Also, as a side note, you'll notice that Sheik can use her momentum from the second jump/ledge jump to get a similar (though much less effective) effect.

I am *trying* to find a way to use this ledge-jumping momentum to find another way to safely transform, wherein the entire transformation happens during a single jump for the ledge and back.

Anyway, that's all. I'll be sure to update this thread if anything new comes up.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
thank... you? i guess... not going to bother learning it though, the chances i want to switch between zelda and sheik during the middle of being attacked is quite low

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The uses of transforming from Zelda to sheik are very far between but for Sheik this could actually have a use.

Although I really don't know how safe this is since in most 1v1 your opponent will try to follow up his attack and since transforming takes so much time odds are he will hit you upon returning.

Of course sometimes transforming into Zelda out weights the damage you might receive so it's still usable.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
You can use this whenever you start tumbling, so you don't need high damage %.

I don't know, I figure this would be useful for the people that open with Sheik and change to Zelda for the rest of the match. It really messes up your opponent since their strategies are so different.

Top Bottom