• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tranq Bug?

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
So every once in awhile I notice that when I side B the tranq just does not come out. (See below) at around 1:38 in this video if the link does not work for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1qR3mSyWak#t=96

If you look at this, Pit blatantly should have been hit by the tranq dart but he just dashes right up to Snake and kills him. If you look closely though, when Snake goes to pull out the tranq gun, the gun does not even appear and obviously does not shoot a dart.

Has anyone else seen this? My best guess it has something to with landing lag but I can't really duplicate this on command.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
That's weird. Here's a screenshot of Snake holding attempting to fire the nonexistent gun:

Last edited:

Risky

Smash Ace
I've gotten this a few times in the last couple days. Really god damn annoying. Usually happens when I try to dart while landing.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I know what it is, basically it's a bug which is caused when you land on the floor and try to shoot tranq, nothing comes out and it also wastes a bullet.
I've known about this bug before Tranq was even publicly released and there's been no known way currently to fix it.

At the moment my best advice is to do to what I did, which is learn the timing it doesn't come out, then avoid doing it in tournament.

Edit - Also this is very duplicable on command, I can literally do all 3 shots doing the bug version. Just avoid directly hitting the ground and firing at the same time.

Last edited:

Risky

Smash Ace
Edit - Also this is very duplicable on command, I can literally do all 3 shots doing the bug version. Just avoid directly hitting the ground and firing at the same time.
What is the timing on it? You're trying to shoot the dart right before you hit the ground?

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
It's a pain in the ass man, I like to bait out jumps by jumping and try to punish them when they're landing as I'm landing. But I'm glad the mystery is at least partially solved and I'm not going crazy. Ah well, it is what it is!

Top Bottom