• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training tips?

TheRealSkid

Smash Apprentice
Since my first tournament is coming up, I need all the time to get to train. However, I main mewtwo and my only training partner destroys me consistently as DK. Not only does he play the game VERY rarely but he has NO tech skill and yet I find myself losing while he has stocks to spare. I can wavedash, hover cancel aerials, and teleport ledge stall but are there any tips for just getting better at the game in general? Thanks.

Mentor

Smash Cadet
The general way to get better on your own is to self analyze. Take note of movement, offensive approaches/ preferences, defensive conversions, zoning habits/methods, recovery choices, and any other input habits (bear in mind a mix up is a habit). For each piece what works/doesn't work & why?

A good quote from Hugs "don't throw out raw moves" i.e. if u can't follow up from it/ get some major stage control from it don't do it

A question I've learned to ask players who beat me in neutral is "what do you like/want my character to do in neutral?" Whatever they answer do the opposite 95% of the time. Example: "I like it when Zelda approaches my fox cause no matter what you throw at me I can just dash out, then dash in & punish. I hate being forced to approach her"

Top Bottom