• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Training mode fun. Getting high combo counter

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
Looked a bit at the training mode. And tried to see if there was a trick to get like infinite combos. I tried with Shieks jab and also Mewtwos jab at DK,. and I got it high to like some hundreds. With Shiek or Mewtwo jabbing at DK with standing next to a wall, like at Onett. But with Ness you can actually get pretty much infinite combo. Pick Ness, go to New Pork City, and stand at the left, where there's a wall, and have DK there. Put the damage to fixed damage and just use PK fire over and over again. It will just score higher and higher on the combo meter. If you have some sort of turbo controller or something like that, you could just have it hold the B button and then just let it continue al day long. Else you have to press B all the time with the risk of messing up the combo. Also in Smash Ultimate, the combo counter goes passed 999, and goes higher, even higher than 10 000 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3G8oIr1ZK8). I don't know how high it can go (would be cool to know). But this trick, with Ness and PK Fire, I think can continue on forever. ^^ Would be cool seeing someone get max score (don't know what that is).

Semako

Smash Cadet
The combo counter goes even past one million - tested with the assist trophy glitch using Metroids, which doesn't require a turbo controller to continue forever.
But there's one downside to that method: as it makes use of items, it won't save as the max combo...

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I found a way to do it with rob on the n64 mushroom Kingdom stage.

Get to the area on the left side of the stage, set the cpu to bowser (or someone else big) and get roughly right under the pipe, have the cpu to low fixed damage and get em stuck in a utilt lock.
It may take a bit since robs utilt doesn’t hit in front or behind him, so you gotta get em in the air first, but once you do, the you just gotta hold up and mash the a button, and the cpu keeps di’ing into it because something about the pipe above makes them try to get to its center. And unlike Isabelle’s AT glitch, the combo actually counts.

Not that it means much since I don’t think there’s any achievements for insane combos this time but still.

Zimer

Smash Apprentice
Max combo is 65535 which is represented as ---.

To get your combo saved, you must get your combo without using items or enviroment hazard stages. If you do it, your combo will be marked as red and score won't be saved, otherwise yes. If you don't believe it, check this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm2Nr62mV9s

Last edited:

RyouSensei

Smash Rookie
The combo counter goes even past one million - tested with the assist trophy glitch using Metroids, which doesn't require a turbo controller to continue forever.
But there's one downside to that method: as it makes use of items, it won't save as the max combo...

In order to do this glitch in Training, is it required to have another person help so that it goes off smoothly? or can you do it yourself without the hassle of having the other character set to COM

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
In order to do this glitch in Training, is it required to have another person help so that it goes off smoothly? or can you do it yourself without the hassle of having the other character set to COM
I'm pretty sure that glitch has been patched already.
Max combo is 65535 which is represented as ---.

To get your combo saved, you must get your combo without using items or enviroment hazard stages. If you do it, your combo will be marked as red and score won't be saved, otherwise yes. If you don't believe it, check this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm2Nr62mV9s
Fortunately I think it still counts for the achievement, which is all I cared about. I remember getting the 20 combo achievement with a Fire Flower.

Last edited:
Top Bottom