• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training mode: best com. enemy to fight against.

Ol-Jeb

Smash Apprentice
An ol' shack out in Antarctica, the last frontier.
Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Nothing beats playing other people but if you have to go into training mode practice specific things, fight a high level Ike, for example, if you want to practice DI or getting out of being sent flying. Go against a high level Meta Knight if you want to work on fighting edge guarders and the such. Really just tailor your training mode to what you want to work on, and then practice it against other human players ^_^

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
I don't wanna train something specific. i just want to know who's the best com. enemy to fight against in training mode and on what level as if it would be a real brawl.

Luxor

Smash Champion
There is no computer level that is ACTUALLY like a real human player. Higher levels just get more offensive and have better reflexes. If you absolutely need to train on a comp, just use a level 3 CPU as a punching bag. However, the only way to really improve is to play against another human players.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I use DK as my puching bag when I'm practicing something with Ganondorf. I personally use heavy characters in the training mode.

About the stage, FD is the most formidable stage to practice. Battlefield and Smashville are very good too. Plus, If you play Brawl+, Pokemon Stadium 2 (SSBB) is an awesome stage.

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish.
100this.

UberMario

Smash Master
If you're trying to connect with attacks that need to be sweetspotted, such as Luigi's UpB or Jigglypuff's rest, use a small cpu character like Meta-Knight or Kirby (or Jigglypuff).

HoN3Y64

Smash Apprentice
Don't practise against computers that fight back unless it's level 1 just to mess about. You won't get any better.

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to all of u:) i'd really like to get better and better in brawl but sadly enough i don't have any ssbb players living around me.

HoN3Y64

Smash Apprentice
You don't NEED people, just watch videos, see what people do in real matches and be creative.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
It's highly recommended to play level 9 Snake and practice all of your safest options to get as good as you can alone.

Wumbologist

Smash Rookie
What do you plan on doing if you don't have anyone around you that plays smash....? And when you make that statement, I assume you have no wifi because you're going to practice with a computer. (Don't get me wrong, I'm practicing with a computer at the moment until I get some meetups organized, I'm not saying it's not beneficial). If you have to practice alone and you're just going to play with computers, obviously a level nine is what you're going to have to play with, but if you plan on playing actual people, keep it around six and pick a character to play against that you think you'll see a lot of people playing with. This way you can get used to the weight and practice spacing. (spacing comes with pretty much any type of practice...) Getting a feel for how a character is to play against is always nice.

If you plan on going to tournaments, I would consider sitting one out (if you don't like the idea of an entry fee) and seeing how many friendlies you'd be able to play so you can gain experience in that respect. That's what I did at my first 'tournament'. (Even though I didn't participate in the actual brackets , I did get the opportunity to play with people, and that alone helped me quite a bit)

I did this particularly because my confidence wasn't really sky high, so if you feel better than I did (most people do) then I say go for it. There is nothing better than playing against a human player, and when you get the chance, you should treat it as such. Try to gain as much from it as possible.

I hope this helped. =/ Some of it was stated before but even condensing it might help a little bit more.

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
Like said, use training mode to improve certain skills. There's no best character to pick to fight to get better by playing a computer. Maybe I'm wrong, but playing against computers to improve is best by playing against a ow-mid level computer and learning how to avoid moves. Computers have a huge flaw humans don't, humans can learn and adapt in the middle of a game.

zeldarkness

Smash Rookie
I'm new to all this but what i usually do is train against the same character I'm using on lvl 9, like i use pit and he can be a real pain but man it gets intense and fun :D if your looking for a real fight that's what i do, i don't know if it's right since there are lots of other better ways and i'm still learning but i love it and it helps me improve a little

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
I usually just play three-stock matches against random level 9's... It's not much of a challenge anymore, but I'm trying to beat one without losing a life, and eventually, without taking damage. If you want to practice specific skills in training mode, I would recommend a level 6 Ike or Snake to practice combos and DI, a level 8 MK for off-stage practice, or a level 9 Pikachu for full brawl practice.

:kirby:

Sarayu

Smash Rookie
I usually just play three-stock matches against random level 9's... It's not much of a challenge anymore, but I'm trying to beat one without losing a life, and eventually, without taking damage. If you want to practice specific skills in training mode, I would recommend a level 6 Ike or Snake to practice combos and DI, a level 8 MK for off-stage practice, or a level 9 Pikachu for full brawl practice.

:kirby:

The only issue I find with just setting one certain character for practicing on on one aspect of the game play is that you get used to playing against that one certain character how the computer uses such opponent, meaning that if you were to use the computers for a full-scale practice over a long period of time then you'd be so used to fighting that one specific character that when you fight an actual human player that uses one--or ever perhaps a variety of--characters other than the character you're used to practicing against, then you'll be at an extreme disadvantage because you won't be used to fighting a wide assortment of characters.

This is where I believe it would be best to say that if you're looking for a character to practice against a "full brawl practice" then fight every one of them on difficulty 9 and get used to fighting each and every one of them so you won't be surprised by fighting a character you don't know about as you could find out your opponent's weaknesses to take advantage during a human-vs human match. Of course it goes without saying that computer opponents differ in fighting styles that human players but this way it would be a good basis to start off on. It's better than being left totally in the dark because you've never taken the time to learn the insides and outs of each character your opponent may choose because you're only used to fighting one character. It would also be a bigger plus to watch game play videos for each and every character used by human opponents so you know in a sense what to expect in the difference between computer and human gaming styles. Oh, and you could also take the time to use each character personally to know what they're capable of and know their weaknesses that way as well.

Winning in this kinda field requires planning and knowing your enemy, especially to the point in expecting the worst, the obvious, and the general sense of the atmosphere of which a human player using a certain character brings to the brawl as your opponent.

Good luck~

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Similar to the x2 combo. As said before kill 5 enemies without dying. I found the easiest place to do this was on the second level of Lord Peet’s campaign mission.

From where you spawn simply aim down towards the log. Both enemies will head there and shoot at you but since infinite amounts of food and batteries will spawn on you it should be no problem.
================
Lols were had.

The best way to practice against Cpu's is to set it to level 9, random (or characters that you have a bad matchup against, if you prefer), two stocks, and you try to two stock the Cpu. After you start doing it semi-consistently, try 3 stocks. After that you go to 4 and then 5.

It's still not as good as playing against friends, but its pretty good.

Top Bottom