• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trailer Released For #SmashTheRecord2015!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

A trailer was recently released during the St. Jude Play Live event that announced the second annual Smash the Record event will be returning to Orlando, Florida on October 23-25. The event will feature Melee, Smash for Wii U and speed running events all be competed in and streamed to support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Last year they managed to raise $15,000, and this year the goal has been set VERY high at a whopping $50,000! Watch the trailer below, and to keep up with any updates surrounding the event, follow @SmashForCharity on Twitter.

SmashCapps has always found it amazing the massive funds Smash has been able to raise for charities, it gives him pride in being a member of the Smash community. To keep up with him and his writings follow him on Twitter.

Thermal

Smash Rookie
I'd donate for Project M, since you know this whole event is for the community and Project M is a pretty big representation of the competitive side of the community.

Smasher-LTIMT

Smash Cadet
NNID
battlefront157
3DS FC
2165-7609-0420
I won't be able to donate, as I don't have a credit card :( I'm 17, but i would donate if I had one! And its great to see Super Smash Bros. getting so popular! :D

ObdurateMARio

Smash Apprentice
I'd donate for Project M, since you know this whole event is for the community and Project M is a pretty big representation of the competitive side of the community.
Another TO and I that recently started running a PM series in Orlando have offered to run a PM event at StR, so post on the pages etc to let them know!

RagingCherry

Suuuuup!
NNID
RagingCherry
Another TO and I that recently started running a PM series in Orlando have offered to run a PM event at StR, so post on the pages etc to let them know!

Unfortunately, there will be no PM at the event. We will be having Melee, Smash 4, Speedrunning, and arcade machines inside the 10k square foot venue, so we won't be having additional games there.

ObdurateMARio

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, there will be no PM at the event. We will be having Melee, Smash 4, Speedrunning, and arcade machines inside the 10k square foot venue, so we won't be having additional games there.

:( I understand man, appreciate the response!

Also, I'm super excited for this. If you guys need extra hands, let me know!

Last edited:

Aidalator64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aidalator64

A trailer was recently released during the St. Jude Play Live event that announced the second annual Smash the Record event will be returning to Orlando, Florida on October 23-25. The event will feature Melee, Smash for Wii U and speed running events all be competed in and streamed to support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Last year they managed to raise $15,000, and this year the goal has been set VERY high at a whopping $50,000! Watch the trailer below, and to keep up with any updates surrounding the event, follow @SmashForCharity on Twitter.

SmashCapps has always found it amazing the massive funds Smash has been able to raise for charities, it gives him pride in being a member of the Smash community. To keep up with him and his writings follow him on Twitter.
EAZY MONNEEYYY!!!

sunburst777

Smash Rookie
I'd donate for Project M since this is supposed to be for the community rather than nintendos feelings

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Not having different games at STR completely ruins it for me. Like I hardly want to go. Last STR we had Mario Kart 64, Shaq-fu, PM everywhere(we had a Turbo Mega Giga Bowser tourney) , Mario Kart 8, and Smash 64. Heck, we had a giant rock-paper-scissors tournament.

@ RagingCherry RagingCherry

Can I at least bring my own set-up for the random games people want to play? I understand not having tourneys though. It was a pain running my Mario Kart 64 amidst the bigger main events.

Does anyone want Mario Kart 64 friendlies at this STR if they let us?

Last edited:
Top Bottom