• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trader's Planet, (1v1 / 2v2) - San Antonio, March 24th

Preacher5

Smash Cadet
Announcing a new event for The San Antonio XBox Halo 2 & 3 / Gears of War / SSBM Group!

What: Super Smash Bros. Tournament (1 vs. 1) PLUS (2 vs. 2) - Mar. 24th, Saturday

When: Saturday, March 24, 5:00 PM

Event fee: USD5.00 per person per event

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament (1 vs. 1 AND 2 vs. 2). Double elimination.
Saturday, March 24th at 5pm

Players are REQUIRED to bring their own controllers.

Entry Fee: $5.00 per player, per event
Registration Fee: $5 per player

Basically, if you want to play in both the 1v1 and the 2v2, it will cost you $15.

SINGLES:
1st Place: 65%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 10%

DOUBLES: Friendly Fire is ON
1st Place: $65%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 10%

- Best 2 out of 3
- Finals: 3 out of 5
- 7 minute rounds
- no items
- 4 lives

When you RSVP, let me know if you can bring a cube and/or a copy of Smash.

Learn more here:
http://halo.meetup.com/296

artarian

Smash Journeyman
man, that pricing seems really confusing, at least to me. so basically, its 15 bucks for one tournament?

bluezaft

The True Zaft
yeah, 5 to get in, 5 for singles, 5 for teams (your partner has to pay 5 too)

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Wow, talk about an overabundance of tournaments. With this one that means that there is a smash tournament every weekend somewhere in Texas from Feb. 18 to March 24th... And 4 of them are in San Antonio.

Thats 7 straight weekends. I don't think I've ever seen that many tournaments so close together since... ever.

Not that thats a bad thing of course.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Wow, talk about an overabundance of tournaments. With this one that means that there is a smash tournament every weekend somewhere in Texas from Feb. 18 to March 24th... And 4 of them are in San Antonio.

Thats 7 straight weekends. I don't think I've ever seen that many tournaments so close together since... ever.

Not that thats a bad thing of course.
Except for my wallet

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
If you can even get a grab that is. It's true that marth should just keep Jiggly guessing with DI, but Marth shouldn't even be trying to grab Jiggly; he doesn't need to, and often when he does it leads to major punishment.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
I agree with matt. Every time I try to grab his Jigglypuff, it takes a nap on me and I explode. Coincidently I lose a stock because of it.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
I can't go... I'm gonna be busy this day... maybe i'll show up around 4 for friendlies though.

EDIT: Lol, nevermind. It starts at 5, i'll be there!

Top Bottom