• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TQASABSPISFSBMTEP in Lafayette, Louisiana. April 14th, 2007

VVB

SD Champ
The "Third Quasi-Annual Super Awesome Beer Soaked Penguin Infested Super Friggan Smash Brothers Melee Tournament of Epic Proportions," or the TQASABSPISFSBMTEP, will be held this up and coming April 14th, 2007, which is a Saturday. Since school will be out for anyone in college and I think high school, the tourney will start at noon. So from 12'oclock PM to whenever, we will be playing Smash Brothers. Everyone who came to the last SQASABSPISFSBMTEP remembers it was an awesome time, so I hope everyone who had came to the last (And anyone else would like to show) to will make it to this one as well.

So all normal tourney rules apply, you know them all. I don't have to waste time on the run down of them. There is only a couple things i'll have to point out :

1 - There IS a ENTRY FEE this time. 5$ for singles and 10$ for teams. YOU HAVE TO PAY AT THE DOOR. You are not walking in if you don't have 5$ on you, so plan on bringing some money. If you decide to join in on teams play you can pay before we have the teams tourney, it will be 10$ per team. You don't HAVE to play in the tourney (you could play MMs or friendlies all day), but you do have to pay the free. So, you might as well play in the tourney. The pot will be split as so : 75% to 1st and 25% to 2nd. I will keep NOTHING. It all goes to the winners.

2 - There is NO age limit this time around. BUT, you have to have someone that will vouch for you. If you plan on drinking, i suggest you crash here or have a DD drive you back to where ever so you won't get arrested. If you are under the age of 18, please make sure your parents are ok with the fact of you being at this tourney. I don't want Moms calling or showing up and dragging you out by your ear.

3 - Bring your own controllers, drinks, food, bodies and where else you want to use while here. I have 3 Wii and 1 Cube. I have 4 TV's plus one ****ty one. I need one more copy of smash, I only have 3. Drinks (alchoholic or not) are welcome. If you bring money for drinks, there is a Super 1 right around the corner. Have at it.

4 - Once again, There is no rule 4.

All normal tourney rules apply, but you are welcome to tweak them as much as one wants as long as MAJORITY AGREES.

I have only contacted people through the forums that are attending this tourney, so if you know anyone that would like to come, bring them. I am new around the La scene, so i havn't met many people from the boards. More the better.

The previous host of this tourney, Bake, will not be making this tourney this time around. He will be missed. A moment for him......................................ok.

The tourney will be held at this address:

714 Genevieve Drive
Lafayette, Louisiana 70503

My cell number is 337-212-2303 if you need to ask me or suggest anything.

Please respond and say if you will show up, how many people you plan on bringing with you, whether or not you are bringing a TV, a GameCube, or a penguin, and if you need a place to crash for the night. Also let me know what time you plan on showing up, and weather or not if Elvis is dead or "at home"...0_o....

I will be recording the matches that will be held.

- Neo

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Wow.

I have no intention or determination to come to this, as i am like 32094320 hours away from it.

I just thought this was a buncha random letters.

I want to hear somebody pronounce that.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I'll definitely be there. Is it the same place as usual or is that a new address?

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
It's a new place Blaise. Sadly, I will be drinking all weekend in False River, so this time it will be at their place.

Ben, do you need to borrow any of my tv's? Also, let's play smash today. I'm bored. I don't know why I'm typing this, I should just call you...

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Oh, wow, Bake, where are you drinking on False River? I live there, and I'll probably be there this weekend as well. Who do you know there?
Everyone else: Regardless of where this tourny will be, I will be at Satterfield's, so I won't be making it. However,

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
False River... sounds like a platformer level. I'm up for practicing with any Lafayette players if anyone is interested.

VVB

SD Champ
Blaise, i could always use the practice.

Ice - Sucks dude, I've wanted to play you since last time you were suppose to show.

Sars - Videos will be recorded. Are you gonna make it?

Cyphus - Sweet, is Lee gonna make it as well?

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
NeoLink: When do you wanna practice? Msg me on AIM (XBlaze330X) or on yahoo (Blaise330)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
people still going to this, right? i was really looking forward to it!

i got totally wasted last night, throwing up at 4am and stuff...so i don't think i'll be in the mood for much drinking, mm..but maybe i'll throw back 1 beer... :<

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
man..i think i'm gonna sit this one out....its like 2 hours 20 minutes away..and it doesn't seem like its going to have too many people :/

I anticipating the finals to be Blaise and Kyle =)
hope everyone has a good one.

VVB

SD Champ
Aw Cyphus. I was REALLY looking forward to playing you. That goes for pretty much everyone that can't make it :(.

Looks like this one might be a little slim...

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I'm sorry for not coming but I have an extremely good reason. I looked forward to playing in a tournament again for a long time so it's pretty depressing that I couldn't go. Maybe next time.

Top Bottom