• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toxicity on Team Smash FG

Metagame

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cryojager
3DS FC
4527-7429-0982
I know toxicity isn't new and is expected of For Glory, but it feels like Team Smash has it's special kind of toxicity, especially when you're playing with a friend, so the other team knows what they're going to pick and vice versa. A long while back I was playing with a friend against two guys who only picked Samus and Link. They would pretty much exclusively use their projectile moves and go for cheap kills with Samus sitting at the back with a charge blast. After they won they would change their tags to stuff like 'LOSER' 'UR BAD' 'FUKU' and 'FAGOT'. We eventually beat them as they did their rounds of swearing and left. Does anyone else have stories of when Team Smash was a bother?

Last edited:

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
Unfortunately, yes ... When I play with my brother on the same console in Team Battle, we can except trash talk from our opponents.

This is anecdotic, but I remember a match against 2 Little Mac, we went to Sudden Death and they won, after this, the 4th player of the lobby show the pre-tagged word "REKT". Ok, you want to talk like this after this kind of match ? Bye, find another toxic team to complete you.

Another day, I was Duck Hunt/Kirby with my brother, after this single match, we had the right to the Tag "SPAMMERS", I was not even spamming but in rushdown mood. We taunted like crazy in the 2nd Match while I was Wario/Kirby against Pac-Man/Cloud.

Even today, me and my brother recently decided to play match with 2 Wario, we found another team that was Mewtwo/Donkey Kong.
This is unfortunate but sometimes your partner hasn't the same skill as you probably because it don't play often and lacks experience, this DK fell a lot of time ... But it doesn't justificate the tag "NOOB" we had at the end of the match, if your arguments are empty as this, just sh*t up and quit.

This is some situations I remember, but toxicity is everywhere, in Smash, Team, 1-on-1 ... You're not safe in this mode too. :/

Arrei

Smash Lord
I would hazard a guess that Team FG would attract even more toxicity than normal. Since FF is off, it lends a lot of viability to silly, gimmicky combinations of people shooting projectiles through each other and whatnot, and thus brings in people who just want to screw around.
Another day, I was Duck Hunt/Kirby with my brother, after this single match, we had the right to the Tag "SPAMMERS", I was not even spamming but in rushdown mood. We taunted like crazy in the 2nd Match while I was Wario/Kirby against Pac-Man/Cloud.
"Spammer" is just one of the most common For Glory johns, people pull it out just trying to invalidate their loss to themselves. I've had people pull it on Ganondorf. GANONDORF.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Since I play For Glory Teams a ton with a friend of mine (and I do mean a ton) I have seen countless things there.

You are correct to guess that the toxicity in Teams are actually worse when you're playing with a friend. A lot of people there are way more "Tag happy" than you would expect. I've gotten more salty, insulting tags in Teams than I've ever gotten in 1v1, and that says something.

I've seen players pick double Ness and exclusively use only PK Fire & Thunder, followed by rolling. I've seen double Samus teams who would only run away and spam missiles and Charge shots from both ends. I've even had people who would do absolutely nothing but run away the whole time when they were one point ahead, because all they'd have to do is wait two minutes to time you out.

Usually when you encounter those types they'll normally have someone like Samus or someone pretty fast, so even if you combine your efforts to take down one person the other would have the means to strike you while the other continues to run and vice versa. The worst thing you can ever get on Teams though (in my opinion) would have to be double Captain Falcons. These guys will taunt, teabag, the works. Whenever I see a double Captain Falcon team I immediately get serious because I know if we lose they'll be egotistical over it.

In short, everything is worse about it. The insults, the campers/trollers, and especially the spam.

But regardless of that I still go into Teams with my friend because it's something we both enjoy despite all of the bad qualities being doubled. Besides, there's really not much we can do about toxicity anyways. It can be mentally draining and it sucks, but it can still be fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom