• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney In Seattle Area

adoboy

Smash Rookie
HOST:

adoboy (das me)

CO-HOST:

Jel

WHEN & WHERE:

Date - Saturday August 1, 2009 (Delayed a week so more people could come. Just doing friendlies and money matches this Saturday)

Location - 540 Wilderness Peak Dr NW Issaquah, WA 98027 (I know that is a little out of the way of Seattle, can give limited amount of people rides from Seattle)

SCHEDULE:

Warm-ups/Registration/Setting up - 11:00am-1:00pm
Doubles Start - 1:30pm
Singles Start - 4:00pm
Event Ends - 12:00am

COST:

Singles - $5 per person
Doubles - $5 per team
If you want pizza then just bring a couple bucks, will order based on how people attending, you won't need more than $5 for pizza

Singles
1st 60% pot
2nd 30% pot
3rd 10% pot

Doubles
1st 60% pot
2nd 30% pot
3rd 10% pot

SET-UPS:

TVs
1. adoboy
2. adoboy
3. adoboy
4. adoboy

System & Game
1. adoboy
2. adoboy

I'll give people money to bring certain equipment

TV $2
System & game $2

We will have 5 main set-ups, I will pay people filling up the first 5. After that, if you bring anything we will set it up but you will receive no money.

Preferred you guys bring your own controllers, which most people prefer to do anyways. If you don't you can always use one of mine, which are in good condition.

VENUE RULES:

It's my house, I am usually chill with anything, as long as it does not lead to cops being called on me. If you have any concerns just bring it to my attention at the event and we will be able to work it out. I will note that I will not allow drunk driving away from event.

After the tourney is done everyone is more than welcome to stay and do friendlies and money matches. Also we can play SSBM and SSBB after tourney is over, I only have one copy of each but if anyone wants to bring their own then we can set it up for play afterwords.

GAME RULES:

Items are set to none
Regular matches are set to best of three , Finals are best of 5
Team attack is on in Doubles
5-Stock
10 Minute time limit

Stages
Hyrule
Saffron City
Peach's Castle
Dreamland
Congo Jungle

Banned Stages
Sector Z
Mushroom Kingdom
Yoshi's Island

Banned stages may be selected if both players agree

MISC:

Will be ordering Pizza based on turnout (See above)
Will have water and soda available

Contact info
PM me
AIM - Deadmunkeez (I rarely am on nowadays)
Phone - (425)221-3691 (Probably best way to contact me as I am away from home a lot, text or calling would work, preferably call before 2am but anytime will be fine)

Any concerns, requests, or anything like that just contact me. Hope to see you all out there!

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I will help with co hosting this as will.

I can being a tv, a N64 and a copy of smash also I can bring a Pc to get matches recoded to post on youtube.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there with Jel. Maybe we'll manage to drag some other friends along too.

However, a full blown tournament isn't going to be worth holding unless we get a date that the UW ssb64 group can make it to.

adoboy

Smash Rookie
If we can't do it this saturday then I can delay it a week, but yeah I know what you mean. I got some friends coming but it still may not be enough to justify a full blown tourney. If not then we can do friendlies if anyone wants. It will be easier to make the judgment call tomorrow.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Yeah I tryed calling pushanka and he has not got back to me yet. I'm unsure if he would be able to make anyone of them, but if he is able to then I'm sure he would get others to come as will. If we dont count the Uw ssb64 group then as it looks right now we would have more players next weekend even if they dont show.

Top Bottom