• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament vs. Friendly Set ups

GiantGiraffe

Smash Rookie
Hello all,

I am hosting my first tournament pretty soon and was curious as to if you guys think there is a certain amount of setups I should plan on having available for friendlies. I believe I am going to have 9 set ups total so should I plan on doing 6 for the tournament and 3 for friendlies or would this be weird to have. Thanks for any help!!

Kenkoku

Smash Rookie
For me, it all depends on how many entrants I have in bracket. Personally, I always have the goal of getting people more into smash, instead of just playing it, so I divide the entrants by 4, and say that's how many TVs I'll have. We've never had more than 2 TVs for friendlies, so that people hopefully spend more time watching other players and raising hype instead of playing friendlies in a corner. 9 setups is pretty impressive from my stand point.

GiantGiraffe

Smash Rookie
Alright, sounds good!! Thank you very much!! I actually looked at the circuits in my house and figured out I can do 12 setups. So I may have that many.

Top Bottom