• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Stories

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
Was it fate that did it? I breezed right through to the semi-finals, pretending I've never played the game, or playing with the wiimote behind my back. :lick:I mean, my friend who was a lot better than me had lost from a lucky smash ball of a newb. He was defeated later on, and the next match was me and my friend who couldn't play using the wiimote. I've practiced all week with the wiimote, I thought I'd definitely win.:p I was quick to rack up the damage, against his Lucas, ignoring the damage he gave me. Items...the thing I've never trained with, was now in the match against my opponent. I was aggressive, coming at him without care. I smash him away, towards a bob-bomb. Of course he picks it up, and tosses it, and with my 30%ish damage, I get thrown back far.:( That wasn't what killed me, it was THE RECOVERY. It's gimped. I lose a point.:mad: 16 seconds left, and I approach him with all I have, attacking with every chance I had. The guy was running away now, of course, with a smirk on his face. :pToo bad the matches were timed, and not stocked. Hey, 3rd place out of 28 isn't bad, is it? What I want to know is, tell me how your tournaments went...:)

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
I won, with Olimar too. :bee:

I entered 2 tournies at two diff. Gamespots. The first one was all newbs I crushed with Pikmin throw spam. The second one I came in second to a Metaknight. Guy named"Cafe" or something. I got a wrestling trouphy, display box, $10, strategy guide, a wiimote charger, and Brawl. Accepting challengers!!

Looks like all that youtube viewing payed off. Thanks Echo! ^.^

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Yea i won mine with Olimar. Took me a little while to remember how to play with the wii-mote nunchuck but it worked out. If you have been keeping up with my videos then you know of Projecilted and Karn; They won the ones they went to.

Ween

Smash Cadet
I lost in the finals. At first I was doing good until a smashball appeared. It floated off the stage and pit flew to get it. He killed me and then started floating and flying to get away. He won when the time ran out.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Meh...the GameStop tournament I went to had the E4All demo or something...automatic random stage and the characters were preselected before each match...it was pretty stupid. I'd never played before but I got Pit so that helped a little bit. The nunchuck was a huge pain but I did make it to round 3 (semi-finals w00t). The match I lost was against a Lucas player on that custom "maze" stage. I was winning the whole beginning of the match but accidentally SDIed his Fsmash up (out of habit) and died off the top around 65%. Right as the 1-minute match was ending, I connected with a Fsmash, sending him towards the right blast zone at about 105%. Time ended and he died immediately afterwards, probably would have gone into Sudden Death if that match had been 0.2 seconds longer. -growl-

Oh well. I got to play with a GCN controller once I got home and I did at least four times better. : )

Frames

DI
I made it to the semifinals as well; I had to fight a Lucas, and we went into sudden death. I went after him, and would've won until I tripped right into his fsmash. >.<

Still 3rd place out of 32 is pretty good.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I used Olimar in the Gamestop tourney and I won the whole thing so I'll be going to the next round on my birthday. By the way, the trophies they gave out were hilarious. A wrestler? What were they thinking.

But anyway, when I chose Olimar I was pretty much told "You're choosing the Pikmin? Goodluck with that," and then to their suprise I dominated the first match.

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
I used Olimar in the Gamestop tourney and I won the whole thing so I'll be going to the next round on my birthday. By the way, the trophies they gave out were hilarious. A wrestler? What were they thinking.

But anyway, when I chose Olimar I was pretty much told "You're choosing the Pikmin? Goodluck with that," and then to their suprise I dominated the first match.
Yea, that's what most people said about Olimar. The tournament director really wanted to see how well Olimar puts up a fight, and I ****en showed them! Too bad we were playing with items though, he won by luck. :embarrass
So, what did the trophies say again? Local Wrecker.. or something?

Top Bottom