• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament REP and character CHOICE

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
I've read far too many times, during my visits to these boards the following statement.

Just because a character isn't used very much doesn't mean they are bad characters. This is in reference to yoshi.

When brawl came out this is what happened, the players that wanted to attend the first tournaments played through all of the characters to see if they were good or not, who got nerfed who good buffed, which character is losing during chilled matches with friends? What tactic can you not get out of.

After the first tournament attended the players will go home and after what they have seen (metaknight and snake) owning their characters (let's say yoshi for example), they will go home and try out metaknight again and realise he is better than you first thought, plenty of players will then pickup metaknight the reason players didn't pick up yoshi is precisely because he sucks.

It IS linked, metaknight isn't repped alot out of coincidence for the same reason as yoshi has 3 mains.

Now ice climbers don't have the much rep however they do have GOOD rep which i feel counts alot more than the amount of players. Right now because of 2 players literally, jigglypuff in melee is getting debated for top tier.

So if your main hasn't got alot of rep and noone is winning with them they suck stop claiming they're better than they are.

Alot of the smarter minds around here will of read this and thought hmm simpleton material very obvious post. That's exactly why i posted this. It seems noone else has.

Edit- Of course as there are hundreds of different tournaments scattered across the world there will be different characters beating people down this is what defines the tiers, people will find tactics with characters that aren't metaknight or snake and over time characters will get better, but if your character isn't even close to good at this point i think you should stop hoping really lol.

Vash.

Smash Cadet
Gimpyfish Gimpyfish Gimpyfish Gimpyfish Gimpyfish Gimpyfish Gimpyfish GimpyfishGimpyfish

Gimpyfish

Top Bottom