• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Question

Pink'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3624-7812
EDIT: not johnning, btw, in case you assume I am

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but...

So today I fought in a tournament set and and lost 2-0 because of controller problems. I complained and the set became a best of 5, which I won. However, I felt slightly guilty about winning and they told me I could do a 1 game playoff, which I lost because my shield didn't come out fast enough. However, I don't think this is right. I won the bo5 dair and square, yet I got kicked out of the tournament because they had me play a game that shouldn't have been played I'm the first place. What should I do?

Last edited:

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
Hrmm that is one of those situations where what happens is at the discretion of the tourney organizers. It's their say in this case.

Nemesis561

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean your shield didn't come out fast enough? Because of your controller problems again? If not, I dont even see the point in mentioning that part. But yea like the post above, its all up to the TO, the fact that he even let you make it Best of 5 is very favorable because most TOs would not do that

TOGOpuff

Jigglyfy the world !
NNID
TOGOpuff
controllers issues are a players problem, tournaments shouldn't change rules because of that. I know this is really f'd up to hear but it is what it is. It can be compared to a soccer player shooting a penalty and his shoelaces untight and he misses the shot because his shoes goes flying up high (i know this is a bad example, but it works as an illustration).
That's why it's important to have a second controller (or go with a friend who has a controller and isn't playing when you are) so you realize something is wrong at game 1 and still has the chance to comeback winning game 2.
TOs made a mistake allowing you to play a BO5, extending the tournament rule and causing all the trouble. I'm glad they didn't have to deal with other players asking for BO5 after being eliminated.
It's really terrible when these things happens but they do and there's nothing we can do about it besides getting pissed off.
You should have been eliminated 0-2 being it a fair battle or not.
Once i played in a laggy (5 frames + lag) tv against a really deffensive King Dedede in losers bracket and lost because i couldn't approach/ hit my punishes (i was playing ZSS). Got eliminated because of that and the TO's shutdown the tv after i complaint and they checked it. My results weren't changed (as they shouldn't have been) and tournaments went on as it should.
this kind of **** happens

Top Bottom