• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Match Videos (February 15th added)

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Chompy's Tournament Compilation
The Most Detailed and Epic Compilation of Tournament Matches
December 10th, 2014 - Mad River #5 (Chicago Illinois)

Round 1

:4charizard: (Handy Man)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzQVGcMXSn4

Semi Finals

:4link: (Kael)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxLdPESB8e8

Winners Finals

:4wario: (BigDamien)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJPWV4399DQ

December 17th, 2014 - Mad River #6 (Chicago Illinois)

More tournament matches will be up sometime!

----------

December 26th, 2014 - EXP Gaming (Oak Park Illinois)

http://www.twitch.tv/expgamingil/b/603522519

Friendlies: from 10:10 to 30:10 mark

vs. Taeyang :4rob::4lucario:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OWvWCX77iE

vs. MintyGreen :4jigglypuff::4villager:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydSv5DNbyrc

vs. GreenBeast :4olimar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36OAItaEqqo

vs. JJROCKETS :4diddy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTINaZBAduc

----------
February 15th, 2015 - Stadium Club (Rolling Meadows Illinois)

vs. :rosalina:Sage (WB)

Winners Bracket

Losers Bracket

vs. :4pikachu::4diddy::4sheik::4miibrawl: Hoenn (GF)

Grand Finals

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow me on:

YouTube
Twitch

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Heh, you pretty much destroyed everybody up until Big Damien. Even then, you did pretty good turning things around at the end. Didn't expect you to do so well in the last match after the first two.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Thanks these videos will help a ton. Trying to add pit to my rotation and it's been a struggle so far.

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
This is great! I like Pit getting more usage. These videos are great to learn from as well.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
also chompy... is it more fluid on the wii u version then the 3ds? or are they the same in terms of speed? (actually can anyone who has both games answer this?)

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
Thanks for the awesome support you guys!

The guy who was running the tournament should upload the matches from the other night pretty soon. If you guys are anxious to see them, let me know and i'll send you a link to the guy you should contact to!

By the way, I'm going to another tournament tomorrow as well!

Wish me luck!

@ Strider_123 Strider_123 : It is a lot more fluid. The only complaint I have thus far is the fact that you can't perform retreating fairs. Other than that, the game looks beautiful and you would not want to go back to your 3DS once you play it on the Wii U version.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
ok thanks chompy. it does look a lot more fluid. but i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, now i know they aren't! also i'd like to see more :D good luck chompy!

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
Thanks, @ Strider_123 Strider_123 . If I feel better by tomorrow morning, I should be able to play a lot better. However, if I don't place very high, its only because I got this stupid sore throat, combined with a migrane headache thats also affecting my left eye for some reason. Unfortunately, I had to pre-register for this tournament to get a discount through PayPal, and I can't get my money back, therefore I have to show up.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Thanks, @ Strider_123 Strider_123 . If I feel better by tomorrow morning, I should be able to play a lot better. However, if I don't place very high, its only because I got this stupid sore throat, combined with a migrane headache thats also affecting my left eye for some reason. Unfortunately, I had to pre-register for this tournament to get a discount through PayPal, and I can't get my money back, therefore I have to show up.

Hope you feel better and good luck!

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
@ CHOMPY CHOMPY Wanna have a game later? Im up for it if you are :) if so , PM me your skype

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
Those laggy TV's really threw me through a loop. I couldn't perform the combos I normally pull off. Another part of it was I was feeling sick, so I couldn't play at my best... Not to mention, we were playing 2-stock 6 minutes. Honestly, I prefer 3-stock, since it gives you more time to adapt to your opponents playstyle. With 2-stock, I felt like it was more of a rushdown game, which is something Pit players tend to struggle in. In general, Pit players tend to struggle against the top tiers, due to their speed, combos, knockback. When playing as Pit, you need to learn to read your opponent, which is why you don't see many Pits place very high in tournaments (besides me ;) ).

Since no matches were recorded, i'll post my report on how the tourney went.

R1: Bye (Due to high seeding)

R2: Akiro :4sheik: 0-2

His Sheik was like no other Sheik I have ever faced. I had trouble getting inside him, and he kept juggling all over Pit. Such an ugly loss, and the button lag gave me so much trouble throughout the match, along with no sound at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R3LB: ??? :4villager:/:4fox:

Game 1:4villager: Smashville:
For some odd reason, he used the dash attack (plant pot) and somehow my GO killed him at around 35%. I don't remember the exact percentage, but I remember I deflected his plant and suddenly he lost a stock right there. He kept on spamming the bowling ball, and I juggled all over him.

Game 2:4fox: Final Destination
At the start of every stock, I pulled a crazy combo on his Fox. I did a dthrow to fair to regrab to dthrow to fair until he was at high enough percentage. I managed to gimp his Fox with 5 arrows in a row off stage. Wish that could've been recorded :(
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R4LB: :4marth:/:4zss: ???? 2-0

Don't remember too much what happened. All I remember is I 2-stocked them both games.
R5LB: Kings:4pikachu: 2-0

Game 1 Smashvile: I had trouble approaching his campy Pikachu. It was a very close match, but I was able to adapt to his playstyle by game 2.

Game 2 Town and City: Once I was able to adapt to his playstyle, the match wasn't as hard. Still it was pretty hard to hit Pikachu. Not only did his size gave me some trouble, but the button lag was awful.
R6LB: Pat :4pikachu:/:4myfriends:2-1

Game 1 :4myfriends: Smashville:
His Ike was decent. He kept spamming the nairs and usmashes a lot throughout the match. It was very easy for me to punish every move he threw at me, so I 2-stocked him easily.

Game 2: :4pikachu: Lylat:
ALWAYS BAN THAT STAGE, especially when your going up against a Pikachu that spams nothing, but thunder shocks. Unfortunately, I SD at 30%, which cost me the game. Even still, I was able to bring him to 70% last stock.

Game 3 :4pikachu: Final Destination:
It was pretty simple for me. With no platforms for Pikachu to work with, it was harder for Pikachu to camp Pit. Once I figured out his playstyle, it was a walk in the park. Literally I walked back and forth using dtilts and ftilts until he started to use his aerials. That's when I punished him with nairs. When he kept camping he with his thunder jolts, I jumped and shot an arrow to punish him. Overall, I 2-stocked him at around 60%.

R7LB: Gamerhead :4ness:

Game 1 Smashville: The match on Smashville was very close. He actually KOed Pit at 90% from a bthrow on the platform near the blastzones. We kept trading hits until he got me with another bthrow. Those combos from Ness were crazy.

Game 2 Battlefield: By the point, I began to adapt to his playstyle. Everytime he made any attempt grab me, I would punish him with dtilts and nairs, and then did my usual combos. Once again, I gimped Ness with my arrows and that was pretty cool! I 2-stocked him there with 110%

Game 3 Onett (Omega Form): Again, did exactly the same thing as game 2. Only, it was back and forth until I landed the first kill, and he started to lose momentum from there.
R8LB: Tetsion :4pit:(Dun dun dun DUUUUN)/:4sheik: 2-0

Game 1 Smashville:4pit::

Surprisingly, I trounced him pretty badly. He was in shock at the level of mind games I was pulling off on him. Somehow, I managed to gimp his Pit at low %. Then he lost momentum, and I stage spiked him at 75% with a bair.

Game 2 Town and City :4sheik::

His Sheik was better. It was a closer match, but I felt like I had the upperhand the whole time. There were some crazy dthrow to multiple fair shananginz, but I was able to DI from that. I believe I 2-stocked him, but if I had to pick which character he was better with, he should go with Sheik. He was a really nice guy, and I had fun doing Pit dittos :)
R9LB: JJROCKETS :4diddy:1-2

Game 1 Battlefield:

I was able to use his bananas against him. The matches were back and forth. It came down to the first player who lands a hit wins. On the first stocked, I gimped his barrels with my arrows and he died at around 70%.

Game 2 Smashville:

I got bodied pretty hard. Looking back, my biggest mistake was to not let him hit me with the bananas. He kept on tossing the banana to a fsmash like 3 different occasions. Next time, I should put my shield up more often.

Game 3 Castle Siege:

Back and forth match. He had the upperhand at one point. Eventually, he lost patience at the part where there they had the giant statues. Diddy came up to Pit and as he was try to reach up there, I shot him with the arrows. Then the match became tied at 50% last stock. By the end of the cycle, we were both in the red zone and next hit wins. I though I had the match when I hit his barrels, but he went straight up instead (which I don't understand why that happened...). I saw him rolling back and forth, and I though "Oh side b should take care of it". Sure enough, I whiffed and he dthrowed me to uair to my doom...

Result:
4th/38 players

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
Check out my tournament matches

http://www.twitch.tv/expgamingil/b/603522519

Friendlies: from 10:10 to 30:10 mark

vs. Taeyang :4rob::4lucario: 01:16:06 - 01:23:00

vs. MintyGreen :4jigglypuff::4villager: 01:48:25 - 01:56:12

vs. GreenBeast :4olimar: 01:57:34 - 02:11:53

vs. JJROCKETS :4diddy: 02: 02:45:50

I have no idea on how I should approach against characters, like Sheik and Diddy. Any suggestions?

Overall, I placed 5th/35 players

;)

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Wow, yeah these are very helpful. I seriously need to take the time to sit down and marathon all of them at once haha. I watch a lot of Smash streams, but hardly see any Pit players, and none who are experienced at this level of play. Thanks for uploading :b:

BlazingEmperor

Smash Rookie
Hi Chompy, really like your playstyle since I play a very similar Pit.

Only things that bugs me is why don't you pomel when you grab? Those extra % could make a big difference!

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
@ SwoodGrommet SwoodGrommet : I'm trying my very best to try out different techniques to see if they work or not. Right now, I'm testing out the different possibilities on what I can do with the arrows, and they seems to work pretty effectively.

@ BlazingEmperor BlazingEmperor : The reason I don't pummel is because your opponent might break out of it at early percentage. At higher percentage is when I pummel them. When they are at kill percentage, I do an immediate fthrow near the ledge, giving my opponent less time to DI (reaction time), versus if I were to pummel them, he would DI upwards and be alive until they're around 170% or higher.

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
Wow that was amazing. It was intense till the last minute in Grand Finals.

I can also see your Pit play has improved a lot. I think I liked the Upperdash use the most, whenever you'd run past and then use it for a kill. I might be stealing that if you don't mind :)

Top Bottom