• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament in Windsor, ON.

Danyul

Smash Rookie
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in coming to a tournament held in Windsor. I'm sure most people know where it is but for those who don't it's 4hours south of Toronto.

We had a tournament at the university about a month ago and it turned out pretty well, over 40 university students came but only about 3 where any good. That's why I've decided to post here to see if any players with a higher skill level would be interested it coming. I'm not 100% sure on a date yet but it will be a little while after new years. Last time it cost $10 to join and the prizes for the tournament were $70 for 1st place, $30 for 2nd, and your entrance fee back for 3rd.

So just leave a line in the thread if you're interested! ^_^

D.B

Smash Ace
May I first consider to make the pot a 60% 30% 10% split instead of like 70$ for first because if roughly 30 people come, you got 300$ and and since the prizes equal to 70+30+10 = 110$ and the rest of the 190$ go where?

Also try the tournament thread

Desh.

Smash Lord
yeah i wanna know how you had 40 entries...10$ per person...and 1st place only got 70$...what ze hell. mate?

also.

lol marth.

Danyul

Smash Rookie
I didn't personally hold it. And it was a sort of fund raiser for the school, but right now I'm just look for people who are interested because they didn't go by the actual rule (maps and things like that) so my friends and I were gonna ask a local gaming store if we could hold one there but we don't only want the same people as were at the university because they weren't all that good..

Danyul

Smash Rookie
By "so my friends and I were gonna ask a local gaming store if we could hold one there" I meant something like that, sorry if I confused you.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
m'boy.

Windsor is quite far from the Toronto area, really. It's gonna be way too hard to haul our ***** there for a tournament. Why don't you come to us if you want to play? I'm sorry to sound like an *** but respectively the majority of the good smashers in the southern area of Ontario live in the Toronto area, so why not come to us? We love newcomers, really we do. If you can't come to us, work your way up by going to Kitchener/Cambridge/Waterloo stuff.

Top Bottom