• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament In Riverside

dr.d

Smash Apprentice
to respect the people of those holding this tournamnet i'm deleting all the information about the tourament to respect their wishes. sorry for the inconvience

Knivez

Smash Ace
I'm sorry Mr. D but you should close the threat. Unfortunately the tournament was not made to be spread on smash boards or as a major type of tournament. It was meant to be kept local particularly to the university and we have a limitation on the amount of people that can attend. Me and my friend organized this as our first tournament and we dont want it getting out of hand. We are taking registrations on the email but the room the tournament is at will be relatively small. To avoid complications or any problems, we need to make sure that the tournament stays contained and so at the moment if you are not from the university or riverside, you are not invited. Thanks for your understanding.

Protocol9

Smash Cadet
Just to reitterate what Knivez said, this tournament was not meant to be posted here. It is personally orgnaized, and not anything official. Not only is space limited, but it is meant to gather smash players in the immediate vicinity, not people with longer than a 15 minute drive or outside the city. If you live around the area, you can find the fliers on how to register and where its held, with the correct information, around UCR. Please note that some of the prementioned information above is incorrect, the address does not exist, so unless you get the right information from the flier or me personally, don't bother showing up, you'll just be lost.

Those of you outside the area, who still wish to try to attend, can PM me here on smashboards, if there is avaiable space, I will let you know ahead of time, but I don't suggest you plan your day around it. If all goes well with this tournament, it is possible that we will host others, possibly even on a specific shedule. If that is the case, we will find more aviable space for the future. However for this one, we want it to be kept local and small, for both space and so we can get a feel for running and organizing it.

Even though we did not want it to get posted here online, we are glad to know that there is support for it, and because of it we will be thinking about future tournaments. But for now we ask that you respect our wishes, and allow this first one to just be kept local.

I would like to request that dr.d edit his post to remove the specific information shown, and then if there is support for future tournaments it can be posted here. If there will be future tournaments, we will post the information ourselves.

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
So I can come if i live in riverside but dont go to UCR? I can just drive down and pick up a flier if you want me to show you... its like a 5 mins drive to campus lol

dr.d

Smash Apprentice
Protocol9 said:
Just to reitterate what Knivez said, this tournament was not meant to be posted here. It is personally orgnaized, and not anything official. Not only is space limited, but it is meant to gather smash players in the immediate vicinity, not people with longer than a 15 minute drive or outside the city. If you live around the area, you can find the fliers on how to register and where its held, with the correct information, around UCR. Please note that some of the prementioned information above is incorrect, the address does not exist, so unless you get the right information from the flier or me personally, don't bother showing up, you'll just be lost.

Those of you outside the area, who still wish to try to attend, can PM me here on smashboards, if there is avaiable space, I will let you know ahead of time, but I don't suggest you plan your day around it. If all goes well with this tournament, it is possible that we will host others, possibly even on a specific shedule. If that is the case, we will find more aviable space for the future. However for this one, we want it to be kept local and small, for both space and so we can get a feel for running and organizing it.

Even though we did not want it to get posted here online, we are glad to know that there is support for it, and because of it we will be thinking about future tournaments. But for now we ask that you respect our wishes, and allow this first one to just be kept local.

I would like to request that dr.d edit his post to remove the specific information shown, and then if there is support for future tournaments it can be posted here. If there will be future tournaments, we will post the information ourselves.
ok then sorry about that i'll try and figure out how to close this thread down then sorry about that.

Protocol9

Smash Cadet
Ok, based on registration thus far, it looks like there will be a few spots avaible for the tourney. As a disclaimer, I don't gaurentee anything, but I will be creating a "waiting list." If you are not in the immediate area and still wish to attend, PM me here on smashboards with your name and a tag if you wish. I will put you on a list of first come first serve, and in the event of avaible space, we will sign you up and let you know no later than wendsday night. As of now, it is more than likely that you will be able to attend.

Here is the information.

Cost = $5 if registered, $7 at the door
Style = 1v1 double elimation, 2v2 double elimation
Rules = 4 stock, 8 min, no items, detailed rules are basically the same as MLG
When = March 11, 2006 sign-ins/warm-ups start at 9am, tournament starts at 10am
Where = 3549 Iowa Ave, Riverside CA, 92507 Apartment is Grand Marc, tourny located in the theatre lougne near the main office.
Prizes = Based on participation, 1st 2nd 3rd

Once again, if you wish to attend, please PM me here. More than likely you will be able to come.

Knivez

Smash Ace
hey guys remember this thread? i had to bring it back cause its so old.

azeem 1st?? pfff
byron 2nd?? whos that? hehe

Top Bottom