• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament in Memphis, TN at PowerPlay 1/16/10

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody, a new game store called PowerPlay in Memphis (Cordova), Tn is hosting its first Super Smash Brothers Tournament!​

When:

Saturday 1/16/10 7 PM. Store opens at 12:00 PM if you wanna come early and play Melee
or any other games available.
Locaton:

841 N. Germantown Pkwy
Memphis, TN, 38018
Phone:
901-552-4271

Entry Fee:

$10 entry fee

Prize:

$50 store credit (or more if enough people come), Free entry for the next Melee Tournament, and of course, bragging rights for winning :chuckle:

Rules:
  • 4 stock, no items, 8 minute time limit
  • Opponents choose their characters for the first match.
  • The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List.
  • The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the
    neutral stage list or counter pick stages.
  • The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
  • The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
  • Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Stage Rules:

• Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
  • Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
  • DAVE'S STUPID RULE: A player may not select the last stage they won on in a match unless the opponent allows it.

Random stages:

Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams

Counter pick stages:

Rainbow cruise
Kongo Jungle
Jungle Japes
Mute City
Corneria
Brinstar

There will be a Winners & Losers bracket. I will be hosting the Tournament so if you have any comments or suggestions about the rules, feel free to comment or send a PM. I'm open to suggestions. Also, feel free to bring your own controller. We have controllers provided, but if you're like me, you play best with yours.

~Toast

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
...there's a tournament in Memphis for the first time in, like, years, and it's on the same weekend when all of Memphis' players will be in Baltimore for Pound 4?!? That's kind of amazing.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I know... right? xD

aaaand this venue is less than 30min from my house. Hopefully we can do this on a consistent basis.

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah interesting how that happens. Well on the bright side, the Melee tourny here should make up for those who can't make it to Pound. Handorin- We hope to have this once a month or bi-weekly. Btw I made this thread before I realized Zane already made one. Oh well...

~Toast

Top Bottom