• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament in Grande Prairie, AB?

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
This is just an interest check. I just moved here from Charlotte NC and was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind coming up here sometime in the future for a tourney.

Ideally only Melee, but Brawl is definitely do-able.

Everyone can agree that the tournament scene is the best way to improve in Smash, and I think it would help the GP scene drastically.

What do you think?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
LOL. This is definately something GP needs desperately.

Depending on when it is, Red Deer can probably come (since more than half of us are really good friends with the GP guys.)

A few of us go up there to party quite a bit as well, so going there for a smash tourney would be no problem.

Melee pleeease >_>

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
Awesome. Doesn't have to be anything major, just a casual tournament. There will be plenty of Smash regardless. No Brawl, for sure.

Lemme know when you guys plan on coming up again.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah. I'm sure some of Edmonton would probably be interested as well.

Maybe you should host smaller tournaments in GP and strengthen their community first. I hear that they're kinda falling apart.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ya, cause the only reason holding me back is the travel, AND its just like having a smashfest in edmonton if u guys are falling apart. we're just playing with our own city people.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
You're all afraid that DF2K will **** you. He's been to the Okanagan, nobody stands a chance against him now! MUHAHAHAHA MUUUHAAAA

Victra, you should host it cause you're ****.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Where the Ogopogo lives.

HAHA. Oh man. No, i'm done hosting. I might host CAST5 in August, but that will def be the last one.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm in, as long as I get back on my Edmonton game instead of playing like Calgary.
lol tight. Looks like we're getting a lot of interest.

DF2K, if you need any help, i'm totally willing to help out. It's too bad you didn't move to GP before cast4. It would have been nice to see you and the other GP guys rep themselves there. =P

Speaking of which. Joel, I think you're gonna get along well with Kat. You two are like, the same person. Except you can post coherently online.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
lol is it a bad thing that I don't know where Grande Prairie is?

Off to Google I go!

That's like going to Calgary, but further!! I'm in, but it depends on when.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
and btw, i would not like to drive there lol. its a 5.5 hour drive, that would kill me, and i dont have much highway experience.

edit: err, highway experience as in figuring out where to turn lol. im fine driving on it though.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer

lol tight. Looks like we're getting a lot of interest.

DF2K, if you need any help, i'm totally willing to help out. It's too bad you didn't move to GP before cast4. It would have been nice to see you and the other GP guys rep themselves there. =P

Speaking of which. Joel, I think you're gonna get along well with Kat. You two are like, the same person. Except you can post coherently online.
I never did get a chance to talk to her at CAST4. Should I start?

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Oh right. Those players were from Sask.

Hm. Well you never know. Tournaments are great ways to make new friends. I might actually try and go all Mewtwo.

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys! I've been pretty busy lately, but here's an update.

If the tournament does happen, it'll be at GPRC (college). Tournament rules are pretty standard, double elimination is the only variable.

Regardless, BARE WITH ME. I'm talking to the people at the college as we speak, hopefully we'll have something put together by March. I'll try to keep you guys posted as much as I can.

Thanks for showing your interest!

This is not really to represent GP, that's silly. I'd rather try add to the Alberta roster, because the players here show definite potential but lack a lot of experience.

Edit: Yo Victor, I'll most likely need some help, my MSN is KrisDF2K@hotmail.com.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
df2k,

whether this tourney works or not, u should seriously consider coming to edmonton AND red deer for our tourneys. it would be 100% worth it and there will be nice people who can house u so u dont have to cram everything in 1 day.

cause our scene is like 20+ people i think.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
and btw, i would not like to drive there lol. its a 5.5 hour drive, that would kill me, and i dont have much highway experience.

edit: err, highway experience as in figuring out where to turn lol. im fine driving on it though.
lol I drive a MINIMUM of 5 hours to get to ANY tournaments that I don't host.

Highways are the ****!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yo DF2K, where you at man?

Any word from Kat and Dan? What are their opinions on this anyways?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
wow I'm blind. I totally missed you other post there. XD

K I added you.

Top Bottom