• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament at Linguini's House, 01/27/07, Results are up!!

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
Linguini here on Mcscruff's account, the tournament had to be rescheduled to be at my house on Saturday the 27th . I live about 3 min. from xif so it's extremely close. Anyone that wants to come is welcome and well prob. have about 3 tv's.

Price: NO Door Fee, im doing this out of my own kindness.
Singles are 5$ or 10$ per. person(out of popular vote)

Pot Split: 60-30-10

Venue: Mah houze: 372 coconut circle, weston FL 33326

Time: Registration begins at 11:AM and singles start at 1:pM

Tournament: 1v1

•Double Elimination

•All matches 2/3, with loser’s, winner’s, and grand finals 3/5.

•4 stock, 8 minute limit

•Ties broken by a match on the same stage, same characters with one stock.

•Items OFF

•Dave's Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking

•Stage Knockout: Each person knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.

•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

•1v1 Neutral stages: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story,Battlefield ,DL 64, Pokemon Stadium

•1v1 Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Brinstar, Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's Island 64, Big Blue, Green Greens, Mushroom Kingdom 1-2, Termina bay (Great bay), Kongo Jungle, Yoshi’s Island, and Venom

1v1 Counterpicks: Fountain of Dreams, Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle 64, Corneria, Kongo Jungle, Mute City

-- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

--Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

-- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.

BYOC

MY cell: 954-647-7972
MY aim is:ostrichfreak102-Feel free to im me with questions.

Attendance:
Linguini
Mcscruff
Kou
XIF
Sighrax
Galeon
Green Mario
Forsworn
Riot
DooDah

Culinary

Smash Apprentice
If I can get a ride, I'll try to make it out there. What time does it start?

Kou1030

Smash Cadet
im most likely down for this, but idk if i can hang out with you guys on friday for a pre-smashfest. i gotta see what else im doin, but im down for this or friday

Linguini

Smash Master
Alright guys, the tourney has been rescheduled to be at my house on the 27th which is still near xifs.
For all you new sfl players take advantage of this tourney for practice!

shoshone

Smash Ace
Linguini, I love you and all but I have so many college applications, essays, and scholarships to fill out, that I haven't eaten in days.

Send me a Xif sandwich please.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
I might be coming but more on the probably not side the attendence is kind of like what happens at a ******* birthday party.

Linguini

Smash Master
alright, last minute post, i live in a gated communtiy so just say that you r going to a TOURNAMENT or the ARANGO HOUSE and they will let you in.
See you all tom.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
the neighborhood is 4th traffic light after weston road, it says "orchid palm island" make a right onto bayside lane. say to guy that you're going to the arango house. once you're in immediatly make a left into palm island.

Linguini

Smash Master
The tournament was really fun, thanks for all the people that came(it was better than zp).
Ill be sure to host more tournaments.

So heres the results:

1 elam : $105.00
2 green mario : $30.00
3 Linguini : $15.00
4 doodah
5 sighrax
5 xif
7 riot
7 louis
9 mcscruff
9 Kou
9 Galeon
9 daniel
13 forsworn
13 slynkee
13 hubert

GG to Green and Elam!

Giggidax

Smash Ace
man i definitely would be there if i live anywhere close, i want to get into competitive ssbm

but actually i attended a tournament today as well. my first ssbm tournament, and i won !!!! hard to believe but there wasnt anyone good there, to tell the truth. they all seemed like level 5 cpus. not to brag or anything im just excited for my first tourny.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Im kind of sad i didnt get a another match with whats his face, After a few rounds with Tommy I was playing on a semi non ******** basis, I woulda ate that garbage *** kou ganon alive in a rematch, but whatever cant win em all, specially after not playing for about a month.

Riot/Doodah/Green/Tommy - hit me up all this week we need to get some smash in so I dont play like I did today at "LTEC" haha

Top Bottom