• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touhou 10.5 SWR THE THREAD

noradseven

Smash Lord
Guys I searched this site twice and found zero topics about this amazing game, seriously it rocks.

Title : Touhou 10.5 Scarlett weather Rhapsody
Link to game: http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=80000083
Genre: Projectile based 2 D fighter, its weird.
Platform: PC
Developer: Zun and TasoGare Frontier (woooooooo!!!!)
Publisher: Indie game, sorta well 5 man.

This game is like my alt smash bros its crazy fun, has weird rules, and gets very in depth, ohh and good news for all those stupid tiers blah blah blah people, worst matchup in this game is 6:4, second most balanced fighter I ever played first being the prequel whose worst match up was a 5.5:4.5, but the game was more glitch prone and comboee (melee lol, no but really the same community split thing happened).

The game has a bunch of interesting rules, the most weird one is your projectiles are absurd, to the point you see videos going what no way you would just be stuck in a corner blocking. However if you dash, or fly, or air dash, you can dodge all projectiles, but can be hit by melee attacks.
Its all pretty cool, also if you get hit all your projectiles disappear.

Also their is high and low blocking but it doesn't work like normal, if you block a melee wrong, it pushes you back alot, and drains one of your magic bubbles, aka your everything, but don't worry it recharges fast, but if you block a melee right it just does chip and you hardly move back at all.

Projectiles it doesn't matter they do zero chip damage but they drain your magic meter often more than the casters, watch out if your guard meter goes to zero your guard breaks and one of your 5 magic bubbles shatters(takes 10 seconds to recover).

To stop combos from being long combos will force drop after certain moves build up a visible meter.

At high level this game just turns into a blockstrings, pressure, and tons and tons of mixups. Weather also helps but Ill let you see that for yourself.

More info http://swr.mizuumi.net/index.php/Main_Page, uhh it doesn't get updated much go onto their IRC for online matches about 1/15-1/20 second of lag, and for more info

Vids, crap all the players on youtube suck ohh well, nicovideo it is then, I heard you can watch vids without an account now yay.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6339746
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6338882

Darn it I can't find that epic match with the huge stun combo ohh well.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The game comes from a maker of bullet hells, so it makes sense that the projectiles for the characters (who are all famous for their strage stage-encompasing bullet patterns) would be odd.

Still, it sounds like fun. Nice find.

Levitas

the moon
Play IaMP. it's the melee to SWR's brawl. PM me about it if you're curious.

Also, I highly recommend any/all touhou games (2d vertical scrolling shooter series). If I were just starting, I'd go with Imperishable night. Once again, curious people should PM me.

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/IN

Also note that both IaMP and SWR have netplay.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Play IaMP. it's the melee to SWR's brawl. PM me about it if you're curious.

Also, I highly recommend any/all touhou games (2d vertical scrolling shooter series). If I were just starting, I'd go with Imperishable night. Once again, curious people should PM me.

Also note that both IaMP and SWR have netplay.
See I told you, I wasn't kidding.

I play them both, but I prefer SWR over IaMP, some of the higher level IaMP play annoys me.

Yeah they both have netplay, Imperishable night is a good start into the series, 11 is okay as well though the difficulty curve on levels 3 and 4 will crush beginners.

I actually had been playing IaMP and picked this game up on release day, but I haven't played in competitively in a while due to school and stuff.

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
Being a Touhou fan myself, I recommend starting with the shmups with Imperishable Night due to the easier bomb thing - but that's going too far off topic.

I didn't get a chance to play SWR that much but I did play IaMP quite a bit with Sakuya - what were the major changes inbetween both games? I recall reading somewhere that SWR isn't as projecitle dependent as IaMP was but that was a long while back and I'd like to hear more from someone who's played the game extensively.

Levitas

the moon
SWR has weather (READ: DUMB), is slower to play, has a different kind of spirit gauge, doesn't require declaring for spellcards, has 2 projectile buttons instead of 1, has a dial A combo (5AAAA), has some new characters, is slower, and has some differences in high/low mixups and how you deal with them.

IaMP is fast as balls and impossible to learn.

Honestly, I like the shooters more than the fighters (I suck btw, lol), and have 1CC'd all the windows ones on normal except SA. I've also cleared extra on IN and am working on MoF extra now.

Also, the next one is gonna come out this summer.

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
"Dial A combo"...?

I don't want to sound like a complete noob but what's that supposed to be? Mashing the button?

"Some new characters"... the only newcomers I'm aware of are Komachi, Reisen and the two boss characters. Are there others?

(and the only Windows shooter I haven't cleared on Normal was, strangely enough, Embodiment of Scarlet Devil - I've been able to almost manage Hard clears on every other one except SA, but I haven't touched that at all)

Levitas

the moon
And Aya, Iku, and Tenshi.<--those two boss characters, lol

Dial A is just like our jab combo, just hit A a bunch (that's what that 5AAAA was)

You should go clear EoSD to get extra on the basis that flandre's music is epic.

noradseven

Smash Lord
And Aya, Iku, and Tenshi.<--those two boss characters, lol

Dial A is just like our jab combo, just hit A a bunch (that's what that 5AAAA was)

You should go clear EoSD to get extra on the basis that flandre's music is epic.
Most of the characters cancel out of it half way though if you actually want to do damage.

Weather is fun, and there was a remove hack for pansies, back in the day.

The problem I had with Iamp is the entire game turned into one framing stuff like the wakeup, no seriously a large portion of who would win was based off of stuff like this at higher levels.

Bascially if you like melee more than brawl play Iamp if you like brawl more than melee play SWR, its basically the same changes SWR is more defensive, lots of jump around mind games, slightly slower pace though it is faster in 1.06 than it was when it first came out. Iamp is all about the one frame timing and is a bit faster and is a more difficult game to play.

And seriously complaining about the weather, how much did you play the game, the weather is important but it can be force changed, and used to your advantage the only weather still occasionally cursed is typhoon (read super armor, no block, dodge still in though). Also in 1.06 its on the field 1/2 as much as it used to be.

Tier list if I remember correct was, or at least something like this
Top:
Aya Shameimaru
Iku Nagae

High:
Tenshi Hinanai
Komachi Onozuka
Marisa Kirisame
Patchouli Knowledge
Sakuya Izayoi

Mid:
Reimu Hakurei
Alice Margatroid
Youmu Konpaku
Yuyuko Saigyouji
Yukari Yakumo

Low(bottom):
Remilia Scarlet
Reisen U Inaba
Suika Ibuki

I forget what the worst match was I want to say Iku versus yuyuko, but I don't think thats right.

I think that's it if its not it is pretty close to the real one this is assuming you patched up to 1.06 because for instance in 1.02 there were 5 tiers bottom was marisa(now high), and patch(now high), they buffed everyone since then and gave those too a couple new moves.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

Interested people should get the Touhou topic living, that's never going to happen though. :(

This topic already has more posts then the general Touhou topic. >_<

Have not played 10.5 myself, only a bit of IaMP.
IaMP was really fun though, I should pick it up again sometime.

Honestly, I like the shooters more than the fighters (I suck btw, lol), and have 1CC'd all the windows ones on normal except SA. I've also cleared extra on IN and am working on MoF extra now.
crap, need to practice more, have not 1CC'd any yet. >_>
Also, the next one is gonna come out this summer.
New fighter or SHMUP?

noradseven

Smash Lord
Interested people should get the Touhou topic living, that's never going to happen though. :(

This topic already has more posts then the general Touhou topic. >_<

Have not played 10.5 myself, only a bit of IaMP.
IaMP was really fun though, I should pick it up again sometime.

crap, need to practice more, have not 1CC'd any yet. >_>

New fighter or SHMUP?
SHMUP

Really 1CCing on normal is pretty easy, 1CCing on hard is difficult, and 1CCing on Expert is nearly impossible.

But people really need to play this game either IaMP or SWR its like alternate smash, because of its weirdness.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
SHMUP

Really 1CCing on normal is pretty easy, 1CCing on hard is difficult, and 1CCing on Expert is nearly impossible.

But people really need to play this game either IaMP or SWR its like alternate smash, because of its weirdness.
I don't usually play more then 1-4 games in a week when I do play.
Last I did play I would get to stage 5-6, I could probably 1CC if I up the lifes but I'm a bit too stubborn for that. >_>
I obviously play on normal now, have not touched easy ever. <_<
I just need to practice more.

So it is a new Shmup?
cool, good to know. Thanks.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds

The tier list from the SWR Wiki. I main Youmu but she's frickin' hard to use.

This thread should replace the general Touhou thread since we all know that SWR is the coolest Touhou game. >_>

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
This thread should replace the general Touhou thread since we all know that SWR is the coolest Touhou game. >_>[/COLOR]
No, the Shmups are better. (lol, opinion)

Plus the fighting games have yet to have Mokou in them, until then they will always be missing something important. >_>

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
No, the Shmups are better. (lol, opinion)

Plus the fighting games have yet to have Mokou in them, until then they will always be missing something important. >_>
Yeah. Shmups are better. EoSD is awesome.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
<3333333 SWR. *Aya/Remilia/Sakuya mainer*

My friend says Marisa is bad and he mains him. Looks like he was wrong. o_o

noradseven

Smash Lord

Tiers really don't matter that much as you can see I was wrong I thought I heard patch was better, I guess Im messed up about reimu cause US has a good Reimu player.

But still latest tourny results at hokusai 7th in december,
were remilla, alice, komachi,komachi.

Ha alice's worst match is against my friends main, I figured, **** 6A.

Marisa has absurd damage, if she connects anything she can loop it into her 22B/C alt(must be strenght 2 or higher), until they reach 80-99% limit, then j.5A, 6[a], seriously I have done over 5000 damage combos with her without using super.

Levitas

the moon
Ankoku would say that marisa sucks and he mains her. I don't know if either are true for SWR with any reliability, though.

noradseven, terrible pun is terrible.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
ZOMG KAWII BUNNY!!!
WE SHARE TWO MAINS AND PART OF A SIG!!!!
LINK THE REMILIA SPRITE HERE: http://tinyurl.com/c9ee3e

I would main Aya as well but I run through all of her spirit in a few seconds and then I don't have any to get in close.

What move is best for leading into Youmu's default 241BC?
It seems like it would be 5C but has too much start up lag and I don't know how to effectively lead into 5C from a distance.

Edit: One of the requirements to get into/live in Gensokyou must be that you have to be female >_>

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
The Youmu one went by so fast. All I could make out was that is started out with a 5c then went into some other crap that was joined by what looked like 5aa's

WHY WAS YOUMU'S PART SO SMALL~!!!!!!!

noradseven

Smash Lord

Edit: One of the requirements to get into/live in Gensokyou must be that you have to be female
Tell that to the ultra pimp Rinnosuke Morichika.

http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sexybeam.jpg

Don't worry its safe.

About 1/2 of those combos are alot easier than you think or like the alice one requires lv 4 spinners to do, and another alt skill in total 5 activated cards.

Plus those are all setup to be flashy most of those are highly specific, except for most the corner ones.

Heck most require full orb bar/ specific supers.

Most the corner ones are legit, but normally do to orb restraints you can't loop them as many times.

Anyways the real impressive stuff in this game is the pressure strings not the actual combos after a connection.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
What are you talking about? That's just another loli. Didn't you see how she had to use a spellcard before she could even imitate a penor (not what I wanted to type but I'm tired of dodging the censor).

Top Bottom