• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touching Up Character Textures

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
I made some minor edits to some of my character textures and replaced the relevant texture files in .PAC file, but when I load up P:M the character costume doesn't reflect the character changes, it just shows the original outfit. This happens even with downloaded texture hacks that I edit for my personal use. I change the textures (say, hair or eye color), replace the files with the new ones in the .PAC, but it doesn't reflect those changes in-game. I guess I'm missing something?

Lakitwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lakitwo
I made some minor edits to some of my character textures and replaced the relevant texture files in .PAC file, but when I load up P:M the character costume doesn't reflect the character changes, it just shows the original outfit. This happens even with downloaded texture hacks that I edit for my personal use. I change the textures (say, hair or eye color), replace the files with the new ones in the .PAC, but it doesn't reflect those changes in-game. I guess I'm missing something?
If I'm correct, I think you have to have a .pcs file for character textures. Only certain characters need the .pac. Open the texture you downloaded, replace the files you want to replace, and save it as a .pair in BrawlBox. This will save it as a .pac AND a .pcs.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You modify the .pcs file. The .pac is usually so a texture appears in other modes (classic, SSE, online via opponent) or between character switches (zelda to shiek and back, keeping the modified texture).

Next time you modify a texture with brawlbox, you should "save as" archive pair. That'll generate a .pac and .pcs file for you.

Edit: Samurai'd

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
Ah ok, I learned something new. So for characters that transform, the .pac and .pcs are identical, at least for these purposes? Just want to make sure there's nothing else I need to edit besides the texture .png files.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Like Xermo said, just edit the textures in the .pac file and use the pair option under save as. There is nothing else that you would need to edit.

Top Bottom