• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Totally confused about DI

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Need some clarification here. I know that if I'm launched horizontally, then Vectoring is still a thing, and I should DI towards the stage. However, I'm still unsure when it comes to vertical knockback. If I'm launched diagonally (for example, the rightmost corner of the ceiling), which way do I DI? I've heard so many different things about this. Some say that you should only DI left or right, never any other direction.

Any help?

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
depends.

if you would die by hitting the top blastzone, DI down so you dont reach the top.

if you would die by the side, DI towards the stage so you dont hit the side

sometimes this won't work if the knockback so high you would die either way

Last edited:

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
Need some clarification here. I know that if I'm launched horizontally, then Vectoring is still a thing, and I should DI towards the stage. However, I'm still unsure when it comes to vertical knockback. If I'm launched diagonally (for example, the rightmost corner of the ceiling), which way do I DI? I've heard so many different things about this. Some say that you should only DI left or right, never any other direction.

Any help?

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Vectoring is so much more intuitive!

Anyway, this is what I'm talking about. I'm getting two opposing pieces of information from you guys! I suppose there's simply a lot of confusion surrounding DI in the community. While the video was helpful at covering horizontal and vertical knockback, I'm still a little iffy about diagonal knockback. From what I gather, I should DI in the direction that lengthens my knockback course, correct? I should also aim my DI into the corner of the ceiling, right?

Also, is there any way to practise DI in training?

Top Bottom