• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tornados

mercenaries

Smash Cadet
After playing some very skillful people I found that too many of the times just as we're 1 stock each with 100+% some tornado comes out of nowhere and kills one of us when we would have instead survived. To clarify what I mean when a tornado comes out of nowhere is for example when you're at the walls of doom and someone smashes you off the house and into the tornado RIGHT AS THE TORNADO GETS THERE.

Yes, maybe one shouldn't have gotten hit in the first place but if one were to survive then what if it ended up differently and more fairly? Then both players will be purely satisfied with the match. Yes, tornadoes are fun sometimes and sometimes can make the match more of a challenge instead of just fighting head to head but in my opinion they're just a free kill for the lucky player.

what do you think?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
ah, teh tornados, can be very annoying, but help out with combo's, honestly they're fine how they are, since they appear randomly it takes skill to utilize them.

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
Meh, if you get sucked into the tornado with a huge amount of damage, you were proably gonna die anyway. I personally like to line up with the tornado when its on one of the platforms and use Falcon's back kick throw to launch them into it. Pretty awesome when it goes off without a hitch and your friend is cursing their luck

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
There's a code to turn tornadoes off. Alternatively there's the code for crazy tornadoes...

Nephiros

Smash Ace
There's quite a noticeable time when the tornado appears where it will not do any damage whatsoever, so you can get out of the way. There's always the sound too, to warn you it appeared somewhere, so the lucky aspect isn't that big, even though it's existant.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
the tornado doesn't actually do anything to you until it starts moving, at which point it will have been on the screen around 2 seconds. at that point it is very rarely "luck" that you ended up right on top of it, your opponent probably set you up.

Camus iXi

Smash Cadet
lol, be it luck or the fact that ur opponent sets you up, the thing is that sometimes they just mess up a good game.... personally, when that happens i just cant help but LMFAO!! xD especially when it happens to the other guy xD xP

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
the tornado doesn't actually do anything to you until it starts moving, at which point it will have been on the screen around 2 seconds. at that point it is very rarely "luck" that you ended up right on top of it, your opponent probably set you up.
Or you jump into it like an idiot, like me.

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
I think they're fine, since a opponent can use them in a combo. I can understand that they could put you in an uncomfortable position, but they're not game breaking and they are easily avoided.

Thino

Smash Master
some tornados often start goin crazy when u dodge them too much ive always wondered when exactly they react like that

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I usually jump into ones that are off the screen, because my sound is muted and I don't pay attention well.

Top Bottom