• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Torn Between Ice climbers and other charaters as my Main

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, I have trouble choosing which charaters are my main.
The reason I posted here is because I used the Ice climbers first in Melee.
Not to mention I can't grab chain, at all, and I can somewhat combo with Ice climbers to about 30%-80% I think.

I use the following charaters, alot.
1.Ice climbers
2.Ike
3.Link
4.Toon Link
5.Lucario
6.Sonic

Which charaters should be 1st-6th? :ohwell:
Oh, and I like ALL of these charaters.

Cero

Smash Lord
there's no point in asking other people who your main should be
only YOU can decide that
pick whoever seems the most comfortable or fun to play with as your main
you'll know when you find your character...

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
Ultimately, who you main should be your choice. Pick the character that suits you best. If you like power, pick Ike and check out the Ike forums for tips to speed him up. If you like swords and projectiles, then either Link or Toon Link are good choices. If you like pure speed, sonic is awesome. I don't know much about Lucario, so I can't help you there.

If you decide to pick the Ice Climbers, they can still fight without fancy chain grabs. The f-throw chain grab is fairly simple, you can do double smashes and charged smashes from grabs, and you can still do desynched blizzards and ice blocks. Whoever you choose, it should be your choice though.

Also, welcome to Smash Boards!

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
competitive-wise, Toon link would probably be your best choice.

But this is the IC boards so I suggest picking up Ganondorf.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon. Forever and always.
QFT!!!

To the bottom line:

I main Captain Falcon, followed very close by Ice Climbers.

It's all up to you on who you're going to main, be it any of those. In my opinion I'd stick with Toon Link for a while, check him out and see if you like the way he plays (as with any other character). My personal favorite is de-synching w. Climbers, grabbing near an edge, jumping w. Nana, and spiking w. a Fair as PoPo releases, real fun in my opinion, but so is kneeing someone in the face, stomach, crotch, etc.

Fr3nchD3vilDawg

Smash Rookie
lol wrong place to post this noobie. Also im tired of the ICs being seconded as a main =P. The time as for ppl to either pick em or loose em. Dis isn't melee anymore... ICs FTW!

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
Like I said, I have trouble choosing which charaters are my main.
The reason I posted here is because I used the Ice climbers first in Melee.
Not to mention I can't grab chain, at all, and I can somewhat combo with Ice climbers to about 30%-80% I think.

I use the following charaters, alot.
1.Ice climbers
2.Ike
3.Link
4.Toon Link
5.Lucario
6.Sonic

Which charaters should be 1st-6th? :ohwell:
Oh, and I like ALL of these charaters.

just use ice climbers. we have plenty of ikes links toons links lucarios and sonics right now. we need more ice climber users.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Who says you can only have one main anyways? You can main two characters, it helps in certain match-ups. I have a hard time with Mario with the climbers, so I switch to diddy or MK. It's always good to have a back-up just incase your main gets dominated in a match-up. That way you have other options.

Top Bottom