• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Topic Concerning Reaction Time w/ Melee

Battlecow

Play to Win
idk why

I'm concentrating hardcore every time and pressing as twitchy-fast as I can

just sometimes it reads it as ~.16-.17 and sometimes it's like ~.30-.32

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
man why am I so slow =[

edit - but I think it's probably also partially that only people that do good post their times (kind of like the website says 0.215 is the average which seems super fast to me, but then it goes on to say it's based on the Data they collected).

Battlecow

Play to Win
.215 is prolly from people mashing the button before the light turns green or whatever

I did it for kicks a couple times. Strangely satisfying.

Bing

Smash Master
This kinda went off course from the Original topic based upon the first page. Good read though.

I drink a lot of coffee before tournaments because; for starters, sugar and caffine I personally like, but due to the amount of sugar body is used to, I dont generally crash(by generally I mean never) The 2nd reason to me is the most important one. Warmth. Cold Hand Johns = The Worst. And If my hands are cold and stiff when I start playing, it follows with me throughout the rest of the day/

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
man why am I so slow =[

edit - but I think it's probably also partially that only people that do good post their times (kind of like the website says 0.215 is the average which seems super fast to me, but then it goes on to say it's based on the Data they collected).
I consistently get .17-.18, with a (legitimate) P.R. of .119, and a P.W. of .230 (it had done it immediately afterward)

.215 is actually perfectly average (the sheer number of people purposely button-mashing is lower than the number who are legitimately by a large enough deficit to not throw it off at all). Average reaction time ranges between .200-.220, so...heh.

Top Bottom