• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Skill SoCal Kirby Player JetX

JetX818

Smash Cadet
Seems clear to me that players believe Chudat and the other two known kirby's in east coast in the list are the ONLY good kirby players well guess what don't underestimate SoCal. Watch my videos against highly skilled top players of SoCal.

JetX (Kirby) vs Red Ranger (Ganondorf)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh08whTCCN4&list=UUaQG8c0GNkCGuYN5x0xO6WA

JetX (Kirby) vs Jebus (Lucas)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2u8AUooyTk&index=13&list=UUaQG8c0GNkCGuYN5x0xO6WA

JetX (Kirby) vs Nashun (Mario)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DPujTzzJ-c&index=25&list=UUaQG8c0GNkCGuYN5x0xO6WA

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff man. Although I was there, still good stuff going for ya. Your Kirby is nasty man.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Not bad. Your Kirby is probably just as good as mine and Foos Jr's (Seattle & Portland). Your movement is good and your spacing is decent. But you should have never let that Ganon back on stage... and it just kept happening. Work on your offstage-edgeguarding more, it's one of Kirby's greatest advantages.

You gotta learn to back off when you can't finish a combo. Kirby runs out of combo juice pretty quickly and although I know you gotta commit to a finisher cause Kirby can have trouble getting those kills, I think you go in too deep too often and get punished outta that (I have the same problem). Unfortunately, in order for Kirby to go that deep, your opponent has to DI badly (AKA Kirby is not a combo character)

I DO like your hammers though. Keep experimenting with that hammer.

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
LOL don't get ahead of your self. You might be good at PM gimmicks, but there's a lot that your play style lacks.
Don't take me the wrong way, I think your kirbys pretty good but your tech skill is lacking.

JetX818

Smash Cadet
LOL don't get ahead of your self. You might be good at PM gimmicks, but there's a lot that your play style lacks.
Don't take me the wrong way, I think your kirbys pretty good but your tech skill is lacking.
Well I had yet to see another good kirby player besides Yador and I in SoCal until then any kirby players out there needs to show the community what they got at the incoming tournaments. Until then its just all talk.

JetX818

Smash Cadet
Also I would like to add that Nashun is known as SoCal's best Mario who in which Nashun beat K9's (Metaknight) in SSS (Super Smash Sundays) the sunday that just passed in which as you see the video that I beat Nashun at the same tournament. If anybody wants to compare skill-level here. Just letting you know it wasn't easy.

Last edited:

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
I read too much into that post of yours and over reacted :facepalm:. I assumed that you were mocking me, but I guess that you just haven't heard of me yet ( how depressing :( ). I guess I should go to more events lol.
Anyways, congrats on beating Nashun. Let's get some games in some time, I'm sure we could both learn a lot from playing each other :)

JetX818

Smash Cadet
I read too much into that post of yours and over reacted :facepalm:. I assumed that you were mocking me, but I guess that you just haven't heard of me yet ( how depressing :( ). I guess I should go to more events lol.
Anyways, congrats on beating Nashun. Let's get some games in some time, I'm sure we could both learn a lot from playing each other :)
Its ok good sir! but I see that you live in San Diego. You should really hit up Boss he's lives there. But yeah if you can come to tournaments that aren't just in San Diego that'll be great I would love to have a match with you in the near future. Sure sounds fun.

JetX818

Smash Cadet
Not bad. Your Kirby is probably just as good as mine and Foos Jr's (Seattle & Portland). Your movement is good and your spacing is decent. But you should have never let that Ganon back on stage... and it just kept happening. Work on your offstage-edgeguarding more, it's one of Kirby's greatest advantages.

You gotta learn to back off when you can't finish a combo. Kirby runs out of combo juice pretty quickly and although I know you gotta commit to a finisher cause Kirby can have trouble getting those kills, I think you go in too deep too often and get punished outta that (I have the same problem). Unfortunately, in order for Kirby to go that deep, your opponent has to DI badly (AKA Kirby is not a combo character)

I DO like your hammers though. Keep experimenting with that hammer.
Honestly that's like my very first tournament for about a month just taking a break and practicing and after beating top players while not fully understanding match ups and being gone for awhile I can see where I am now lol I learn my mistakes from those matches and now that know what I have to work on I'll be even better in future incoming tournaments. And these matches are the very first records and streams I've ever done so now I can watch them and study them. but I will work on my offstage-edge guarding techniques. Unfortunately I have to disagree of Kirby not being a combo character because I truly believe kirby's combos are the deadliest if you know what your doing and tech right.

haha thanks I love the hammers too. Commentators calling it JET hammer whenever I killed someone with it haha

Top Bottom