• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top players in the competitive scene throw a fit about teirs, again

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE TemporaryFool

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4355-9441-8851
Link to article: https://www.newsweek.com/super-smash-bros-salem-leffen-twitter-ultimate-melee-1271150

So the article shows top players, who are grown adults, arguing like children over the viability of Snake as a character. With Salem spawning the newest meme in the community by saying that “melee isn’t part of the community” and Leffen with the obligatory “lol you bayo mains are 2nd rate players with no experience”. Oversimplified, of course, but there is more in the article.

What do I think? I think that this is the absolute stupidest thing that can possibly happen now. The game has been only aout for a few weekd and not much is known yet, so teir lists are pointless as of now. Besides, both parties were being quite childish. But what do you think?

Edit: i only skimmed through the article, and i honestly didn’t expect this post to be approved anyway

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Did you even read the article

This whole thing has very little to do with tier lists

Zoa

Smash Ace
1. You did not even read the article, or just cherrpicked one segment. Please don’t do this.

2. Honestly screw Salem after reading the article. No respect for the dude like ESAM.

zipzo

Smash Apprentice
1. You did not even read the article, or just cherrpicked one segment. Please don’t do this.

2. Honestly screw Salem after reading the article. No respect for the dude like ESAM.
What did ESAM do?

Zoa

Smash Ace
What did ESAM do?
Smash Summit debacle some years back. Should’ve see the subreddit. I don’t have any respect for him after that, though prior to that I thought he was a good guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom