• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Five Final Smashes. Just For Fun

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
I thought it'd be fun just to throw something completely unrelated to leaks and stuff with all the 35 v 48 bitterness going on (that I've admittedly been a part of). So it's self explanatory. What are your favorites? I'm not sure how much you can explain your reasoning, but maybe a few words just to see.

5. Mario Finale - Done well, it seems to just take up the whole stage at times. Not to mention it looks pretty sweet with the swirling fire.

4. Super Dragon - I've been playing Yoshi in Melee a lot recently, and I suppose I'm decent. I think his Final Smash really give Yoshi a lot of potential.

3. Triforce Slash - A very unforgiving Final Smash. It seems as if whoever is caught in that mess is pretty much getting KO'd.

2. Landmaster Tank - The Landmaster is dominant. In takes up most of Pokemon Stadium 2, not to mention that you can either get run over or blasted into oblivion.

1. PK Starstorm - I'm not sure how much I'll use Lucas, and know it says it may not be as effective on smaller stages, but I'm sure it'll still be useful. The best looking in my opinion.

TenzeiX

Smash Cadet
5. Landmaster - Fox's yell is just great in the Japanese video "LANDMAAASTAAR!!!"

4. PK Starstorm - Awesome move and great for keeping people on there toes

3. Great Aether - Just a all around good looking FS and pretty much means KO and can get more than one person in it.

2. Light Arrow - The fact that the angle of the person hit changes apon which character you are kinda brings a strategie to it.

1. Triforce Slash - FINALLY after so many years of waiting Link has a awesome attack that deals with the triforce of courage not in one of his games has it came in handy as this game and it just works so well with his boomerang now.

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
5. waddle dee army - i think its cute =)

4. pk starstorm - looks cool and a great spell in Earthbound

3. triforce slash - yeah... what can i say? looks sweet

2. giga bowser - WROOOOOOOOAR

1. great aether - looks absolutely incredible in action

Sauvie

Smash Apprentice
1.Giga Bowser - I mean... Big mutated Turtle of elemental death and destruction...who happens to be invincible.

2.Starstorm - Nothing like the very stars falling from the sky for the simple cause to hurt your opponents.

3.Triple Finish - Super Effective!

4.Palutena's Army - Angel with a flying army sounds pretty cool to me.

5.Sheiks Arrow of light - an Arrow that drags you with it... that is just insanely interesting.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
1. Lucas Final Smash
2. Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash
3. Mario's Final Smash
4. Samus's Final Smash
5. Sonic's Final Smash

These smashes look to deliver more wide range damage and look to be very effective in taking care of your opponent easily with very little chance of recovery, IMO.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
1. Giga Bowser- Just hella cool looking and overpowered FS

2. Great aether- Looks baby, looks.

3. WAddle Dee army- Chaarge!

4.Mario- Looks simply gorgeous. And is pretty good too.

5.Snake- Nothing more cool than that?

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
In terms of raw power (ill try not to be too byast) -

1. Zelda's Light Arrow - all byast views aside, Sakurai has stated that, whilst it will take skill to plan out this FS, if this hit's it's a K.O, and with a hit causing a higher trajectory, there isnt any terrain to stop your opponent (or you if you're unlucky enough) from reaching the end of the screen (unlike Shiek's), untimately to their demise.

EDIT: Oh yeah and Zelda's Light Arrow breaks shields. That's just scary.

2 Link's Triforce Slash - Cruel. Thats the best way to decribe this i suppose. Also the advantage of using it to get back to the stage is a bonus in my books.

3. Lucas' PK Starstorm - DANCE BOY, I SAID DANCE! Keep the opponent moving, and whilst they're desperately trying to avoid the startstorm, plow through them!

4. Giga Bowser - Pimp my shell. Bowser was already a hard hitter, so this is just bliss.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
5 - either Ike's great aether or Mario's mario finale - both look awesome. purely based on looks not power

4 - Pokemon trainer's triple finish - looks sweet and could do gooooood damage

3 - Ice climbers' iceberg - looks like it will be cool (pun intended)

2 - Lucas' PK Starstorm - wow. looks... amazing

1 - Samus' zero laser - i enjoy blasting people

shadowed_phoenix

Smash Apprentice
Top 5 FS's

5 - Snake - blowing stuff up, need i say more?

4 - Samus - Need a change of tactics? blast your opponent into oblivion and then change into Zamus to change the match in your favour

3 - PT - :psycho: wide ranged and looks cool.

2 - Kirby - Wonder what boiled pikmin taste like?

1 - Ike - Looks good and other people can join in beating up the unlucky person to get caught in it. :laugh:

Nasir

Smash Apprentice
1. Triforce Slash

2. Mario's Finale

3. Light Arrow

4. Zero Laser

5. Giga Bowser

dragonairex

Smash Apprentice
Zero Lazer - Samus going hot !
Land Master - strong and fun
Cook Kirby - the one with 100% accuracy
Giga Bowser - scares the whole lot away
Super Sonic - just cool

smash_lord1050

Smash Apprentice
5 - samus zero launcher - it really is a zero

4 - mario fireball thingy

3 - light arrow

2 - super sonic

1 - triforce slash

BlueYoshiPinkShoes

Smash Apprentice
1. Giga Bowser- Really. As if he weren't cool enough as it is, lets make him seven times bigger and more pissed off.
2. Triple Finish- It's Super Effective!
3. Palutena's Army- The Sacrifical Lamb to the Slaughter
4. Zero Laser- Woo! Crazy damage, plus changing into Zamus= Amazing.
5.Triforce Slash- C'mon. Just look at it.

ReiGun

Smash Cadet
This is not ranking. I could never do that.

1. Triforce Slash- As if Link wasn't already a bad***.

2. Peach Blossom- A more tactical FS than some of the others. Plus, it's Peach! Everything she does is awesome.

3. Super Sonic- Flying around like a hyper speed frieght train? Yes please.

4. Pk StarStrom- Keeping the opponent on their toes, running around like crazy. It'll be fun.

5. Triple Finish- It's Super Effective!

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
5. Zelda's light arrow, purely because it looks awesome, but i hate the fact Sakurai showed Pit getting hit with it XD PIT RULES! :)

4. Link's Triforce slash - look absolutely amazing and is pretty much a KO if you get trapped in it

3. Snake's grenade launcher - this looks really good, because you have 12 shots to fire, and you could easily corner another player then shoot them to their DOOM XD

2. Ike's Great Aether, this is just so cool, it look amazing, plus he's invincible whilst doing it, and you can trap more than one person up there, and you also can KO people with the blast when you land!!! :O

1. Pit's Army of Palutena!!!!! This is so my favurite, not only because i am SO maining Pit, but also because while the other players are running around like crazy trying to dodge those darn li'l cherubs XD you can easily chase them and KO them, and from videos they do about 20% damage per hit, which seems pretty good to me :)

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
5. Mario Finale
4. Super Dragon
3. Triforce Slash
2. Giga Bowser
1. Zero Laser

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
5) Mario Finale: Apparently sweeps away most opponents.

4) Zero Laser: It depends how you look at this. Sure, you could score easy kills, but then you are stuck with ZSS which seems excessively weak.

3) Dragon Yoshi: Very powerful, and lasts a while.

2) Landmaster: Takes up a alot of range. It would be lower ranking, but it has the barrel role.

1) Giga Bowser: He takes up the whole stage, is practically invincible, and can freeze foes.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
1.super sonic

2.cook kirby

3.triple finish

4.mario finale

5.end of day
Olimar was my number one requested Brawler, and I love him! But, his FS looks pretty bad. Of course we haven't even seen it in action properly.

ace_skoot

Smash Rookie
1 Triforce Slash - Love just how this FS moves, plus link is my main
2 Landmaster - seems crazy over powered (Do a Barrel Roll!!!!)
3 Super Dragon - just cool
4 Giga Bowser - back, and bigger and meaner
5 Zero Laser - nuke them, and then a your a skinny blond chick with "moves"

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
I will be judging mine more on looks and level of awesomeness, not necessarily effectiveness:

1. Link's Triforce Slash - Simply put, it's amazing and it looks cool. I can't wait to pull off one of these from long-range.

2. Ike's Great Aether - Just as awesome, if not better than Link's FS. It has a certain level of aggressiveness that Link's FS lacks, and I sense that it would have been my favorite if it wasn't for my bias as a Link user.

3. Samus's Zero Laser - It's a laser. No, it's a GIANT laser! Ryu's Shinkuu Hadouken's got nothing on this.

4. Mario's Mario Finale - Looking back at videos and screenshots, I just realized that this FS is quite fierce, and definitely deserves a spot on my top 5.

5. Lucas's PK Starstorm - It looks chaotic, especially in that screenshot of Lucas doing it on Skyworld. ARMAGEDDON HRMRMRMRMRM >:3

Near

Smash Cadet
5 - Snake's final smash - Very interesting twist, actually, a nice take on Final Smashes.
4 - Great Aether - Just love the combo-ish stuff.
3 - Triforce Slash - See above.
2 - End of Day - Very very nice concept. Like Snake, I find it to be a nice change instead of uberzor attack.
1 - PK Starstorm - Dunno, I guess Armageddon thing bought me.

Hyenator

Smash Cadet
5 - Zero Laser
4 - End of the Day
3 - Super Dragon
2 - Landmaster Tank
1 - Giga Bowser

1. Zero Laser (There is a reason Samus loses the Power suit)
2. End of Day/PK Starstorm/Cook Kirby (Looks monstrously unforgiving)
3. Super Sonic/Giga Bowser/Super Dragon (In effectiveness, they all appear about the same).
4. Triforce Slash/Great Aether/MK Cloak thing
5. Mario Finale (Ha... I'm a hater.)

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
5.) Palutena's Army - Goddess! I beseech you! I'd been wondering what from Kid Icarus they would've used as a Final Smash. Sure, Pit's super-powered forms were possible, maybe hammers raining down from the sky, but I'd completely forgotten about the little soldiers from the first Kid Icarus game that busted in with you on a boss to help in the fight. Another great case of drawing perfect inspiration from the source.

4.) Iceburg - I've always been lightly amused by the little detail that the Ice Climbers have spiked shoes which allow them to not slip on ice. The incorporation of this into their Final Smash cracks me up. Plus the sheer scale of it all... If you're playing on a tiny stage, yeah it's surprising, but to see it hit a huge stage like the Temple or New Pork City as a gargantuan iceburg is just fantastic.

3.) Triple Finish - I've been fond of Pokemon Trainer since I saw him revealed. The way they make him fit into a Pokemon game's style of play was brilliant, and when his little text box pops up with, "Take that! Triple Finish!" in it, I was delighted. Very clever.

2.) Warioman - I can already hear the music... I love the idea of one of the characters turning into a superhero for their Final Smash, and Wario's is just amusing. Also, the comment that all of his special moves will be amplified makes me eagerly wonder what his other moves will turn into. The Waft, the Chomp, the Corkscrew, etc.

1.) End of Day - Aside from almost sounding like Olimar's going to pluck up the antichrist, this move amuses me intensely and is a perfect slice of life right out of the Pikmin series, in what was undoubtedly one of the most devestating moments in the game, seeing one of your poor Pikmin left behind, running for the ship, frantically hoping you'd wait one more minute and then... you see the beasts of the night descend upon him, and rip him limb from limb.

That's cold.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
1. Pkmn Trainer's Triple Finish - It just looks so **** cool. Better than anything ash has ever done... pfft.

2. Bowser's transformation into Giga Bowser - What could better than a move that is sure to frighten small children?

3. Sonic's transformation into Super Sonic - I'm a fan of DBZ, need I say more?

4. The Mario Finale - has Mario ever looked so God **** *insert adjective here*?

5. Link's Triforce Slash - I don't particularly like the range of this attack, as it seems a bit difficult to trap multiple foes, but it still makes my list due to Link's awesome display of bestial fury.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Crap. I can't narrow it down.

So, in no particular order:
Usefulness:
Triple Finish
Starstorm
Super Sonic
End of Day
Landmaster
Giga Bowser
Zero Laser
Light Arrow (Sheik)
Super Dragon
Peach Blossom
Great Aether

Coolness:
Wario Man
Great Aether
Triple Finish
Galaxia Darkness
Grenade Launcher
Starstorm
Mario Finale
Triforce Slash
Volt Tackle
Zero Laser
Giga Bowser
Super Dragon

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
5.) Metaknight (looks hard to pull off, but it looks epic.)
4.) Samus (Purely for ZSS)
3.) Pit\Zelda (I'm a sucker for archers)
2.) Triforce Slash
1.) GET TO ZE CHOPPA! (Snakes Smash)

fums63

Smash Apprentice
end of day: very creative and looks strong
iceberg: useful. changes layout of any stage too.
great aether: great! AETHER!
grenade launcher: choppa choppa choppa
super dragon: super mario world!

Top Bottom