• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Top Dog Gaming Biweeklies

Top Dog Gaming Biweeklies
Posted by mawwwk
Top Dog Gaming, Kenosha WI
Saturday, August 6, 2016 - 05:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 6, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

mawwwk

Smash Rookie
venue is closed permanently. new venue soon maybe?

Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/topdogplay or https://www.twitch.tv/meleeman_merlin
Previous brackets -> July 9 Melee (9 entrants)

April 30 Project M (12 entrants)
~~~~

- $5 venue fee (paid at front desk)
- FREE Melee doubles (sometimes) (5:00pm)
- $5 Melee singles (6:00pm)
- $2 Project M singles (7:00pm)

Starters:
Green Hill
Smashville
Battlefield
PS2
Delfino's Secret

Counterpicks:
Wario Land
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Dreamland

-------

Stage striking (game 1):
Standard 1-2-1 picks between starters

Counterpicking:
- Winner bans 2 stages, loser picks stage, winner picks char, loser picks char
- Static bans: Stage bans count for every game in the set and can't be changed. If you ban a stage, you can't choose it later.

Modified DSR:
- Can't pick a stage you already won on
- If a set goes to game 5, the stage played on in game 1 ignores this rule unless it's banned

Relatively new scene, so Melee or PM setups are 'preciated.
Unfortunately the venue doesn't have too many moveable tables, so we max out at room for 6-7 TVs (preferably 2 PM and 4-5 Melee :shyguy:)

621 56th Street Kenosha, WI (downtown by Lou Perrine's and wendy's.)
Look for the Yoshi window painting. right next to Subway. parking lot available.

Time:
- Melee doubles and chilltime starts at 5pm
- Singles for Melee starts at 6pm
- Store closes at 10:00, so extra setups are super needed if people come.

Money$$$:
<8 entrants: 70/30 payout, best of 5 round robin
8-10 entrants: 70/30 payout, best of 3 round robin
11 or more peeps: 60/30/10 payout, best of 3 bracket (Bo5 at WFs/LFs/Grands)

mawwwk

Smash Rookie
payouts are right up there, man.
depends on the amount of entrants, but top 2 always get the entry fee paid back, at minimum.

pipebombEX

Smash Rookie
There will be a twitch stream for winners bracket and GF at the tourney hosted by yours truly.

Goodfeels

Smash Rookie
I can bring a setup for Project M.

I was wondering if we could start doing side tourney's for it either during or after Melee, depending on whether or not anyone decides to do so, and I would be willing to run the bracket if need be for it.

Though it's up in the air on how many people would actually wanna take part in that.

EDIT: Just saw the $2 PM singles on the post so, yeah, I'll be bringing my setup.

Last edited:

mawwwk

Smash Rookie
If we have 2 or more setups this time then I plan on doing PM fo sho. Melee bracket takes priority for now since it is what people come for, but i don't think there'll be any issues

Might possibly maybe move up the start time too. The venue's started closing earlier, and our entrant amount's been growing fast (in addition to running 2 games at once). I'll check around this weekend to see if starting the bracket right at 6pm works for people.
We could even start doubles at 5pm idk

mawwwk

Smash Rookie
thanks for the fb post yo. If you or someone else is posting for the next one, could you link to this thread? that way all the info's in one place and it's easier to check the future dates+times.

Also next time we're starting doubles at 5, so if people are down to do crews then we can play it on stream after Melee bracket :cool:

mawwwk

Smash Rookie
i don't know downtown too well, but AFAIK there's never been any issues in or around the venue.

For better or worse there's plenty of police presence around, due to the parking meters along the streets & the station being 5 blocks away. no reason to worry about the location

Silly Wabbot

Smash Rookie
Are you only going to stream melee? sorry if this was already answered just wanted to make sure about everything

mawwwk

Smash Rookie
Are you only going to stream melee? sorry if this was already answered just wanted to make sure about everything
yup. pipebombEX pipebombEX is mainly in charge of the stream, but i'd still say that PM currently doesn't get enough entrants to justify running it on stream over Melee. we also don't run Smash 4

pipebombEX

Smash Rookie
We didn't stream this week because the owners were moving some stuff around but next tournament we will

Landmine

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-7485-0591
I'm gunna have to find GameCube and practice my melee, since I sold both and bought the brawl bundle when it released. Which was a big misteak

mawwwk

Smash Rookie
Do you only do melee? No Smash4?
we do Melee and project M, but the store runs a Smash 4 tourney every once in a while. They just did one a few weeks ago so i'd guess the next one won't be for a month or two

mawwwk

Smash Rookie
i think someone left with my power strip. If anyone took a big bulky rectangle with holes and an M on it, pls let me know.

awesome turnout tonight though, you guys are the best for dealing with my paper bracket jank

mawwwk

Smash Rookie
Made a sheet thing of everyone's record since the beginning of March, if anyone's interested. just for shizzers.
only put people who've shown up to at least 2 since then, so it might look different/emptier than expected.

link

Top Bottom