• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Special Attacks

WwwWario

Smash Ace
PRETTY sure this hasn't been posted yet. I've searched up several alternatives of this title, and, well, nothing is found. So let's go - your 5 favorite Specials from all Smash games! (Customs if you so wish, too)

*Ahem* Let me present mine:

5. Pocket. Well, it's like a reflector, only that you can reflect it whenever you want. It's also kind of like a very different version of Kirby's transformations.

4. Wario Bike. You pull out a friggin motor cycle in the middle of a match and start driving over people. If that isn't Wario-style, I don't know what is. Also the fact that it's a great recovery move, and a good projectile when you pick it up and throw it.

3. PK Thunder. A ball of lightning you have full control over, and can hit yourself with to launch you forward to deal massive damage. How cool isn't that?!

2. KO Punch. The camera zooms in. Everything goes in slow-motion. You're dead. What more can you ask for?

1. Falcon Punch/Warlock Punch. Nothing is more satisfying to land than these two. Especially when reversed...while mid-air.

Corwin4TheWin

Smash Rookie
5. Tree. Slamming someone with a tree is just amazing, and honestly surprising. I usually only manage to hit someone with it in man smash, but when it does hit...good lawd.
4. KO Punch. Slow mo. Insane zoom in. Instant KO (for the most part). Just one of the greatest things to hit.
3. Falcon Punch. Who doesn't love a good Falcon Punch? While it may not be as cool as low percentages, it is one of the greatest things to hit someone with.
2. PK Flash. Despite how difficult it is, it is pretty rewarding when you do manage to hit it.
1. Rest. As a jigglypuff main, I absolutely love hitting this. One of the hypest moves in existence.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am honestly confused if this applies to all Smash games, or Smash 3DS/Wii U. The post implies all, but most people are posting Smash 3DS/Wii U specials and, of course, this is located in the 3DS/Wii boards. I guess I will just stick with Smash 3DS/Wii U specials.

1. Falco's Phantasm: As Falco's lasers were severely nerfed, in addition to his reflector property changes carrying over from Brawl (and nerf, ha ha), this became my favorite special. It has that odd attribute of not containing a hit-box during the later half of the attack, but it is a solid tool to retreat and with the ability of being able to jump after its execution, it improves his recovery. In terms of offense, it is a moderately effective option to gimp an opponent with bad recovery.

2. Luigi's Ice Ball: Probably one of the best projectiles in the game. It moves slow enough to control space enabling one to approach or zone with a wall of fireballs and apparently, after 45%, it freezes the opponent (I thought it was random, but I read otherwise). I do not main Luigi, but maybe you can convert off of a hit confirmation. It is also cool, I mean, like seriously one of the coolest moves in the game.

3. Reflector/Shine: Obviously, Falco and Fox's reflectors are not what they used to be. I cannot deny that I still enjoy the move though, aesthetically. Nostalgia is a powerful notion and it is difficult to forget (especially when you actively watch Melee) what was once the most diverse move in the game. Even more diverse considering both characters used them differently.

4. Kirby's Inhale: I do not use Kirby and the move is not particularly good either. But in terms of game-play, it is probably the most unique move in the game. The Kirbyicides are also hilarious. The technique is not as prevalent in this game, but my sister got bodied by it online in For Glory. For some reason she did not mash out.

5. Falcon Punch: The most iconic move in the entire series. It had to be here by default. I prefer the Warlock Punch; however, my opinion is not relevant in this opinion based question.

Top Bottom