• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Hated Characters To Fight in Competitive

Who is the worst to face?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doobber

Smash Rookie
1. Bayonetta in SSB4 :4bayonetta: Powerful comboing and easy kills
2. Meta Knight in SSBB :metaknight: Difficult to escape combos and aerials; recovery options allow MK to avoid early deaths or off-stage kills
3. Ice Climbers in SSBB :popo: Chain grabbing and impressive overall power when both Ice Climbers are present
4. Cloud in SSB4 :4cloud::4cloud2:Powerful and safe range thanks to disjointed hitbox; swordfighter with fairly effective projective
5. Ice Climbers in SSBM :icsmelee: Wobbling, chain-grabs, and powerful
6. King DeDeDe in SSBB :dedede:Chain-grabs and decent range and power; heavy weight
7. Roselina & Luma in SSB4 :rosalina:Great mobility and good range; Luma can assist Roselina in getting out of grabs and others
8. Diddy Kong in SSB4 :4diddy:Banana peels provide stage control and excellent combo potential
9. Sonic in SSB4 :4sonic: Good speed and little lag. Strong aerial game along with a very reliable recovery
10. Pikachu in SSB :pikachu64: The best character in SSB. Thunder (Down special) is unlimited and kills easily. Very strong moveset

Last edited:

Leaf_It

Smash Cadet
I personally think that Fox is just so common in Melee, that everyone in the community just goes with the flow lmao
That's fair. Still, I would have put him above Sonic from Sm4sh. Even the Sm4sh Fox is ranked higher in the current tier lists that I can find. I would have put Zero Suit Samus, or Sheik instead of sonic personally. But then again, I haven't been paying attention to competitive Sm4sh since 2015, when I last attended a local tournament. Maybe a good Sonic is more annoying than I remember.

Doobber

Smash Rookie
That's fair. Still, I would have put him above Sonic from Sm4sh. Even the Sm4sh Fox is ranked higher in the current tier lists that I can find. I would have put Zero Suit Samus, or Sheik instead of sonic personally. But then again, I haven't been paying attention to competitive Sm4sh since 2015, when I last attended a local tournament. Maybe a good Sonic is more annoying than I remember.
I just find Sonic annoying, since he has the ability to KO early

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Bayo in Smash 4 just wasn't any fun to fight at all.
When I wasn't being combo'd, I was holding the shield button. On rare occasions after being extremely patient, I might be able to get a hit in, or at the very least an unfavorable trade.
It's just no fun to go against a character that wins all exchanges and forces you to shield at nearly all times.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Brawl Meta Knight easily.

MK's actually unbeatable with most matchups on top of Brawl being an unfun as **** game to play competitively.

Doobber

Smash Rookie
Brawl Meta Knight easily.

MK's actually unbeatable with most matchups on top of Brawl being an unfun as **** game to play competitively.
Some even debated that Pikachu was the only even matchup with MK but it's mostly in MK's favor, if we're being honest.

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
Never played Brawl competitively or online, so I don't really have any experiences fighting against a really good Meta Knight. But from what I've heard it sounded pretty traumatic. XD

A good Bayonetta in Smash 4, however, is the absolute worst to fight against. Especially during those horrible pre-patch days.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
A tie between :ultbayonetta:and:ultmetaknight: holy ****

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I attended KTAR XIX and went through five straight sets of Clouds, eventually losing to the last one. None of the ones I beat ever switched characters throughout the set.

I have absolutely nothing good to say about Cloud. Not even Bayo reaches that low for me.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I honestly think Brawl Diddy is way worse to face.
He has two banannas, and they don't disappear easily. Stage control was ridiculous.

Also, Olimar in Brawl was quite annoying. Getting through that wall of Pikmin and landing a hit on the little bugger was no easy task.

I despise facing Corrin. I still don't know how to deal with one...

But I voted Bayonetta.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As a Diddy main, I really face no problem with any of them. You could include the Brawl Ice Climbers here as well, because they also where TERRIBLY broken in that game.

I'll just go vote for King Dedede in Brawl however, cause he invalidated Donkey Kong in Brawl with that stupid D Throw chaingrab. And Brawl's DK was the most fun to play as.

Doobber

Smash Rookie
As a Diddy main, I really face no problem with any of them. You could include the Brawl Ice Climbers here as well, because they also where TERRIBLY broken in that game.

I'll just go vote for King Dedede in Brawl however, cause he invalidated Donkey Kong in Brawl with that stupid D Throw chaingrab. And Brawl's DK was the most fun to play as.
You must really like Diddy Kong because of who he is, not because he is good. Respect. :rumblefalls:

Spaceless

Smash Cadet
While Brawls MK was better compared to the rest of the cast than Bayonetta in Smash 4 I still found MK to be entertaining to play against. At least with Marth. Bayonetta on the other hand is just plain boring and not interactive at all. Shame tho. She could be a blast for the game if she was balanced. Just hope they do it right for Ultimate.

Top Bottom