• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toonslide?

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
I was messing around with toon link and came across something. I may not be the first to find it because it's rather easy to come across. In case nobody has discovered it, I'll post it anyway.
It's pretty situational and only works on a few select stages. When you use TL's dair on a sloped incline like in Green hill zone and others, it makes a sliding animation similar to a wavedash. I don't know if it will ever become a big advance technique, but I'm sure people could find a way to use it.
A couple other places I found it works at are Onett, Mario Curcuit, Olimar stage with the big monster, Hyrule Temple, and more.
Sorry if this was already mentioned.
I saved some replays, but have no way of getting them uploaded.

Tyros

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Pikachu's dair does that, too, if you hit sloped ground with it. I think it happens with most dair attacks that hit the ground hard. *nods* Who knows? It could become useful...

- Tyros

Mama

Smash Ace
IT may be good for mind gaming people, however I don't think minor things like this need to be named. Its simply sliding after an aerial which is common with a lot of attacks like Mario's bair.

Shermanator

Smash Rookie
It would seem that if you fall with a decent amount of speed into a slope, a portion of your downward velocity will be converted into horizontal movement taking you down the hill(this makes complete sense when considering real life physics).
You can slide a very large distance when using an attack like toon links dair but fastfalling with heavy characters seem to be more useful as there isn't any landing lag due to a 'speedy downward attack'. Regular lag from landing a jump occurs but this is significantly less than most speedy downward attacks. Although you don't slide as far, it is possible to slide down a slope into an unsuspecting opponent and unleash an attack on your way towards them.
I don't have any vids of this but it is really easy to test on Green Hill Zone. Go with toon link and dair into one of the slopes. He slides a very long way but can't do anything until he stops sliding because of the attacks landing lag. Now try it with a heavy character like DDD. Fastfall into the slope and you can begin any attack as if you were landing from a regular jump with the except that you are moving down the slope towards your prey.

djmisner90

Smash Rookie
my brother and i found that the other day but thought it was probably already discovered

Top Bottom